Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[Call to Order]

[Public Comments]

[00:03:35]

PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS CIVIL AND RESPECTFUL OR YOU WILL FORFEIT THE REMAINDER OF TIME IN THE SPIRIT OF RESPECT PLEASE SILENCE YOUR CELL PHONES. FIRST UP IS MR. DAN LYON.

>> THANK YOU, JUDGE BECERRA AND THIS IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME. I COME TO YOU THIS MORNING BEFORE YOU AND ALL OF SAN MA MARCOS.

WE NEED NOT PRAY FOR OFFICER PUTNAM BECAUSE HE'S IN THE ARMS OF HIS SAVIOR AND CREATOR.

IN A LAND WITH THERE ARE NO HUNGER OR ANY CARES. ONE COULD BE TEMPTSED TO ASK

[00:05:14]

WHERE WAS THE CREATORS ON THAT SATURDAY EVENING. DO NOT AND WHATEVER PART OF THE COUNTY I'M. FROM I ALSO WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL THE L.A. TIMES AT 2:0 5:00 P.M. HOSTED AN ARTICLE AT THE L.A. SUPERVISORS SHERIFF -- EMERGENCY, THE HEAD OF EMERGENCY OPERATIONS. CONCERNED ABOUT HIS ABILITY TO LEAD THAT COMMUNITY. SOME OF THE THINGS AUTO I'VE BEEN NOTICING FROM THE FOLKS IN CHARGE YOU MIGHT WANT TO START THINKING ABOUT PUSHING IN THAT DIRECTION BECAUSE I HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE LEADERSHIP. PHONE CALLS ABOUT ALL THE INCONSISTENCIES AND THE INFORMATION. I HAVE SOME CONCERNS ESPECIALLY IN THESE TRYING TIMES.

YOU KNOW ACCORDING TO THE ISSUE ABOUT CONSPIRACY AND CERTAIN THINGS -- ABOUT THE PURCHASES OF THEEMS AND STUFF LIKE, THAT VIOLATIONS, TRANSPARENCY ISSUES. IF YOU'RE -- CALL THAT -- PUT IT ALL TOGETHER. TAKING ACTION THAT KIND OF QUESTIONABLE -- OPENING UP TAKE CALLS AND COLLECTING MONEY. THERE'S SOME ISSUES WITH THAT. THERE IS SOMEISH WU IT BECAUSE

[00:10:01]

THERE'S A DUE PROCESS AND -- HAVE TO BE NOTIFIED. -- DISCUSSION.

[1. Update from the County Judge and staff regarding the Local Disaster Declaration and COVID-19. Possible discussion and action may follow. BECERRA]

>> SINCE YOU'RE UP MS. CRUMLEY WOULD YOU MIND TAKING THE PODIUM AND GIVING US YOUR PART OF THIS

COVID-19 UPDATE THAT HE GIVE EVERY WEEK TO THE COMMUNITY? >> WE HAVE CONTINUED TO WORK ON APPROACHING THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY I.E. WITHOUT -- ACTUALLY IT WAS STUCK IN MY MAIL BOX. I APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT TIME IT WENT THE THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY COMING IN SEEN IN THEIR PRACTICES -- I UNDERSTAND HOW MANY PATIENTS THEY WERE TURNING AWAY, WHO THEY WERE REFERRING TO, THAT THEY WERE TESTING IN OP -- IT WAS -- WITH THAT INFORMATION. BASED ON THAT WE GATHERED THERE WERE SEVERAL PLACES THAT WERE OPENED AND THEN SOME THAT WERE REQUIRING ASSISTANCE TO BE KIND OF PATIENTS -- THERE ARE SEVERAL IN ADDITION TO THE ONES YOU THAT -- WENT OUT FRIDAY AND WHICH ACTIONS WERE OPEN -- CITIZENS.

THE ITEMS ENOUGH MORNING ON THE AGENDA ARE ASKING THE COURT TO APPROVE, SO TWO LOCATIONS FOR US THE MEMBERS THIS MORNING. THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON.

ANY QUESTIONS IN THAT AREA. >> COMMISSIONER? >> IT WILL BE VERY HELPFUL WITH THAT SHEET ABLE TO -- DIFFERENT SHEETS ON IT -- MAYBE COMPILE -- MORE EASILY AND I HEARD YOU SAY

THAT WE ARE GOING TO START -- >> ITEM ON -- >> OKAY.

[00:26:44]

A WONDERFUL JOB OF GATHERING AND COMPILING AND THAT'S THE FRONT I'M ON SHARING OF WHAT IS

[00:26:51]

AVAILABLE BECAUSE AS TAMMY POINTSED OUT IT'S NOT NECESSARILY A CONSTANT THEME OF

[00:26:57]

BEING TURNED AWAY, BUT THOSE THAT DO WE GOT TO MAKE SURE WE UNDERSTAND WHY.

SHOULD THE HYPER RATIONAL MENTALITY WHAT IT NEEDS TO BE. BUT WE HAVE -- WE HAVE A COUPLE MORE PEOPLE THAT ARE STILL GOING TO SPEAK IF YOU WANT MORE ON THAT AS WELL.

>> I WAS JUST GOING TO -- YOU SAID THERE'S AN AGENDA ITEM, TOO TO CONSIDER, THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT AS A TESTING LOCATION AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IF WE APPROVE THAT, THAT WOULD GIVES ANOTHER AREA WHERE I THINK THAT A LOT OF THE VULNERABLE POPULATION MAYBE FEEL MORE

COMFORTABLE CALLING IN AND ASKING FOR ASSISTANCE. >> RIGHT.

THAT'S THE HOPE. TAMMY, IF YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE MY HOPE IS TO NEXT BRING UP OUR EPIDEMIOLOGIST TO EXPLAIN FURTHER. DID YOU ANYTHING ELSE FOR TAMY?

>> YEAH. I WAS JUST GOING TO MAKE BHENTION DRIVING TO DIFFERENT TESTING FACILITIES. -- MENTION ABOUT DRIVING TO DIFFERENT TESTING FACILITIES.

I FOUND IT INTERESTING THE FACILITIES THAT ARE THERE, ONE OF THE CONCERNS THAT I HAVE AND THIS MIGHT SOUND LIKED CONCERN. THINK CONCERN RELATIVE TO OUR EMERGENCY ROOMS, OUR HOSPITAL SPACE AND OUR TESTING FACLITIES IS THE FACT THAT RIGHT NOW PEOPLE AREN'T GOING TO -- IN THE THAT I'M ADVOCATING THIS BUT PEOPLE AREN'T GOING TO THE HOSPITAL IF THEY GET CUT ON THEIR FOOT, IF THEY SPRAIN THEIR WRIST, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO THE HOSPITAL FOR EMERGENCY ROOM VISIT AS THEY HAD IN THE PAST. AND SO ONE OF THE CONCERNS THAT I'M HEARING ESPECIALLY FROM HEALTH PROFESSIONALS AT THIS POINT IS THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO START -- THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME HARD FINANCIAL DECISIONS OVER THE NEXT PROBABLY TWO TO SIX WEEKS RELATIVE TO WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO MAINTAIN ALL OF THE PERSONNEL THAT THEY HAVE.

THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO LOOK AT, ARE WE GOING TO HAVE, YOU KNOW, ARE WE GOING TO CUT OUR NURSES BACK 30%? ARE WE GOING TO CUT OUR LAB TECHS BACK 20% BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE BUSINESS, JUST THE GENERAL EVERY DAY WORK OF AT THE OR THE PARISH ENTER CARE SYSTEM THAT THEY HAVE THAT THEY WOULD IN A GENERAL SENSE. AND I THINK THAT JUDGE, TO THE POINT I'M GETTING TO IS WHENEVER DID YOU YOUR TOUR AROUND ALL THE TESTING FACILITIES, I THINK IT'S PROBABLY PRETTY OBVIOUS THERE WASN'T ANYBODY AT A LOT OF THOSE AND THAT'S -- THOSE CITIZENS AREN'T SHOWING UP. UNLESS THEY HAVE THE SYMPTOMS OR THEY ARE CONCERNED, THEN THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET TESTED. THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO PUT THEMSELVES IN ANY TYPE OF JEOPARDY EITHER, WHICH MAKES SENSE. BUT AS WE LOOK AT WHAT WE'RE GOING TO 2C0 RELIVE TO NOT JUST TESTING -- RELATIVE TO NOT JUST TESTING BUT WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO WITH THE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS IN THE NEAR FUTURE WE NEED TO BE VERY COGNIZANT THAT IF THINGS DON'T CHANGE FROM WHERE THEY ARE AT TODAY, WE MAY HAVE LESS OF -- WE WERE VERYE A" THE STATE OF TEXAS WAS VERY PRO ACT ANY SECURING ADDITIONAL BEDS.

[00:30:01]

-- PROACTIVE. SOME HAVE PULLED ASIDE FULL FLOORS OF HOSPITAL SPACE TO ADDRESS THIS CRISIS. WHEN YOU SET 100 BEDS IN THE HOSPITAL THAT'S 100 BEDS WHERE NURSES AREN'T WORKING AND DOCTORS AREN'T WORKING UNTIL THAT CRISIS HITS.

SO WE JUST HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT WHENEVER IT DOES HIT, IF THAT ROLLING WAVE DOES CONTINUE TO HIT US, THAT WE'VE GOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS THAT CAN STAFF THOSE THINGS.

THAT SHOULD BE A CONCERN WE HAVE WHEN WE LOOK ATTESTING, WHEN WE LOOK AT ADDRESSING THIS NEED IN THE FUTURE. SO THE DATA YOU PROVIDED IS VERY HELPFUL.

>> THANK YOU, MS. CRUMLEY. NEXT I'D LIKE TO CALL TO THE PODIUM MR. ERIC SCHNEIDER OUR EPIDEMIOLOGIST. IF YOU COULD STATE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD, WHAT YOU DO AND IF

YOU DON'T MIND GIVING US A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF WHAT'S GOING ON. >> GOOD MORNING COMMISSIONERS GOOD. MORNING JUDGE. ERIC SCHNEIDER EPIDEMIOLOGIST HAYS COUNTY DEPARTMENT. QUICKLY GO THROUGH AS OF 8:30 THIS MORNING.

BEEN HERE FOR A LITTLE WHILE BUT I'M SURE I HAVE A FEW MORE. AT THIS MOMENT WE HAVE 137 LAB CONFIRM CASES IN HAYS COUNTY. NEGATIVE LAB REPORTS THAT COME ACROSS MY DECKS WE HAVE HAD 749 NEGATIVE LAB REPORTS. TO MY KNOWLEDGE AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE ABOUT 27 TO 30 PENDING TESTS. WE HAVE CLEARED 58 PEOPLE. THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO TESTED POSITIVE, WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH THE DISEASE AND LED TO THE PROCESS AND HAVE BEEN CLEARED BY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. SO ACTIVE CASES RIGHT NOW WE HAVE 78 ACTIVE CASES IN HAYS COUNTY. WE HAVE HAD ONE FATALITY DUE TO COVID-19 COMPLICATIONS.

TOTAL HOSPITALIZATIONS, THERE'S 14 AND CURRENT HOSPITALIZED THERE ARE CURRENTLY 4 PEOPLE HOSPITALIZED IN HAYS COUNTY THAT ARE HAYS COUNTY RESIDENTS. THERE ARE OTHERS HOSPITALIZED BUT THEY ARE NOT HAYS COUNTY RESIDENTS. THER NOT COUNT NUMBER THERE.

>> IF THERE'S SOMEBODY THAT'S HOSPITALIZED FOR SAY IN SAN ANTONIO BUT IS A HAYS COUNTY

RESIDENT THAT PERSON WOULD BE COUNTED? >> CORRECT.

YES, MA'AM. I KNOW ABOUT THOSE. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH FARTHER

YOU WANT ME TO BREAK IT DOWN. >> I THINK THAT'S A GOOD START. WE CAN START THERE.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? WE CAN START FROM LEFT TO RIGHT. >> ACTUALLY I DO.

WHAT -- I KNOW THAT WE'RE -- I'VE HEARD THAT WE STARTED TRACING OR WE'RE DOING SOME TYPE OF TRACING. I KNOW SPEAKING TO SOME FOLKS FROM THE STATE AND LOOKING AT THE NATIONAL NUMBERS, IN THE NEXT LEGISLATIVE PACKAGE THAT CONGRESS IS CONSIDERING, THEY ARE LOOKING AT INVESTING HEAVILY TO IDENTIFY AND HIRE TRACING EXPERTS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY.

WHAT HAVE WE DONE ON THAT FRONT OR ARE WE DOING ON THAT FRONT? >> WE'VE DONE CONTACT TRACING FROM PATIENT ONE, I.E. THAT'STIVE, GETS A PHONE CALL FROM ME.

I TALKED TO THEM ABOUT THE JOB, THE HOUSEHOLD CONTACTS, ANY CONTACTS THEY HAD 14 DAYS PRIOR TO THAT. IF THERE'S SOMEBODY WHO IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO SUSCEPTIBLE BECAUSE THEY DID SPEND A LOT OF TIME WITH THEM IN CLOSE PROXIMITY I WOULD JUMP TOP THAT PERSON AS WELL TO NOTIFY THEM, SO WE HAVEN'T DONE CONTACT TRACING SINCE PATIENT NUMBER

ONE. >> SO MY QUESTION IS, AND THAT WAS MY ASSUMPTION.

THE REASON I ASKED THAT QUESTION WAS BECAUSE IT APPEARS TO ME AT THIS POINT LOWER NUMBER OF TESTS OR LOWER NUMBER OF POSITIVE CASES THAT WE HAVE HERE. THE CONTACT TRACING.

WHAT Y'ALL ARE DOING WITH THAT INITIAL INTERVIEW PROCESS THAT YOU OUTLINED FOR US A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, YOU'RE REALLY GETTING THAT INFORMATION ON THE FRONT ENDS, RATHER THAN THE BACK END.

>> CORRECT. >> AND WHAT YOU'RE REALLY SEEING PROBLEMS WHOOR IT APPEARS WE'RE REALLY SEEING PROB -- WHAT IT APPEARS IS WE'RE REALLY SEEING PROBLEMS ON THE EAST COAST AND THE WEST COAST THEY ARE CONTACTING PEOPLE A MONTH AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN TESTED POSITIVE OR THREE WEEKS. AT THAT POINT WHAT YOU FIND IS THE DATA WASN'T AS GOOD BECAUSE SOMEBODY CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE THEY WERE A MONTH AND A HALF AGO.

I COMMEND YOU FOR THE 137 PHONE CALLS I KNOW YOU'VE MADE, AT LEAST ON THESE TO DO THAT CONTRACTOR CONTACT TRACING BECAUSE HAVING THAT INFORMATION ON THE FRONT END REALLY DOES GET IN FRONT OF THE INFECTION RATE ON THE BACK END. SO THANK YOU.

>> I JUST WANT TO THANK ERIC. I KNOW HE'S WORKING EXTREMELY HARD THROUGHOUT THIS AND I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING HE'S DONE IN THAT STUFF AND HIS STUFF HAS DONE THERE.

I KNOW IT'S BEEN CHALLENGING. JUST THE ONLY QUESTION THAT KIND OF GOES BACK TO TESTING AND THE TESTING NOW THAT YOU'VE RECEIVED THE INFORMATION FROM ALL OF THOSE PROVIDERS AND WE HAVE THOSE AGREEMENTS THAT WE WILL DISCUSS LATER IS, YOUR BELIEF IN HOW THAT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF THE NEED THAT YOU HAVE FOR WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO

BOTH DURING THIS? >> I THINK IT WILL MAKE IT A LOT EASIER.

WE DO HAVE THE TESTING FACILITY WE'RE ALREADY CURRENTLY GOING PREMIER YARTED TEST WITH HEALTH CARE WORKERS OR FIRST RESPONDERS. THERE WAS ONE INSTANCE WHERE

[00:35:04]

SOMEBODY GOT BAD INFORMATION AND DREF DOWN TO SAN ANTONIO TO GET TESTED -- DROVE DOWN TO SAN ANTONIO TO GET TESTED WHEN WE COULD HAVE DONE IT IN SAN MORE COSE.

THAT'S THE ONLY ONE I'M AWARE OF WHERE SOMEONE GOT BAD INFORMATION.

OPENING UP OUR LIVE OAK CLINIC WOULD ADDRESS THE VULNERABLE POPULATION.

THE UNINSURED INDIGENT POPULATION. AT THE MOMENT IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE YOU HAVE MEDICARE, MEDICAID, YOU CAN SEE A PHYSICIAN AND GET TESTED.

IT'S THE PEOPLE WHO ARE FALLING THROUGH THE CRACKS THAT ARE UNINSURED AND UNDERINSURED, THOSE ARE THE ONES WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO ADDRESS. OAK WOULD HELP OUT TREMENDOUSLY

OR EITHER ONE WOULD HELP. >> THANK YOU. >> I WANT TO THANK ERIC AND HIS STAFF FOR DOING A GREAT JOB EVERYDAY. I APPRECIATE IT.

>> THANK YOU ALSO. THOSE BACK AT OFFICE. I APPRECIATE WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

ALSO IS, THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED FROM US? IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WE CAN BE DOING OR PROVIDING THROUGH YOU ALL THAT WOULD HELP IN THIS SITUATION?

>> AT THE MOMENT, WE ARE GOOD. WE'VE GOT A COUPLE OF INTERNS, MORE STAFF.

THERE EVERYBODY IS PITCHING THIS. IT'S A TEAM EFFORT.

I KNOW Y'ALL SEE ME AND IT'S ME TALK EVERY TIME BITS DEFIN ITSLY A TEAM EFFORT.

AT THE MOMENT WE'RE COVERING EVERYTHING GOOD. ITEMS ADDRESSED LATER ON IN THE AGENDA WILL BE THE ONLY THINGS WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD, AND IT'S MORE TESTING AND THAT WAY WE CAN

OPEN IT UP. >> THANK YOU, ERIC. THANK YOU FOR CLOSING WITH THAT IDEA. NEXT 1R ALEX VILLALOBOS OUR EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR. -- NEXT UP WE WILL HAVE ALEX VILLALOBOV EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT

COORDINATOR. STATE YOUR NAME. >> ALEX VILLALOBOS.

I JUST WANT TO GO REAL QUICK. PROBABLY A WEEK OUTS I'VE GIVEN YOU GUYS A VERY HIGH-LEVEL PLAN.

AND I THINK THAT WITH REGARDS TO THE INFORMATION AWE'RE DISCUSSING TODAY, IT LOOKS INTO THAT DATA GATHERING POINT, THAT TIMELINE THAT WE NEED TO BE. IN THE SOONER THAT WE GET AND COMPILE INFORMATION AND AS BEST WE CAN THROUGH OUR CURRENT RESOURCES, I THINK THAT'S WHEN WE GET CLOSER TO HAVING A GOOD IDEA AND DIRECTION FOR THE REST OF THE PLAN.

TESTING, WHETHER POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, AND START LOOKING AT THE POPULATION AND WHERE THEY ARE BEING TESTED. SPECIFICALLY, SOME OF THE AREAS THAT ARE REALLY AT HIGHS BEING REGARDS TO THEIR -- IS RILE A POLICY TO MAKE DECISIONS. WURNTLY WE DON'T HAVE A POLICY TO MAKE DECISIONS BUT WE'RE GOING TO GET TO THAT POINT. WE'RE DOING THE BEST WE CAN WITH THE RESOURCES WE HAVE HAD. OBVIOUSLY WEST SOME DISCUSSIONS ON THE CAPACITY TO TEST.

WE'RE NOT FULL BOARD TESTING AT THIS POINT. I UNDERSTAND THERE'S BEEN SOME DISCUSSIONS FOR THE NEED FOR THAT BASED ON SYMPTOMS. I THINK TOWARDS THE END WE'RE LOOKING AT DIFFERENT WAYS OF LOOKING AT DIFFERENT TESTING SITES IN THE BEST WAY THAT WE CAN ON BEHALF OF THE COUNTY. SO WE'RE GOING TO START GETTING MORE DATA TO MAKE MORE POLICY DECISIONS. AND THOSE POLICY DECISIONS ARE DIFFERENT THAN MEDICAL PROVIDERS DECISIONS. I THINK IT'S GOING TO HIT REALLY HARD FOR US TO OPEN UP THE ECONOMY. I KNOW I HAVEN'T HAD ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE COMMISSIONERS THE THEY HAVE ALL BEEN BUSY. I JUST WANT TO KNOW THAT PLAN IS SOMETHING THAT I WORKED WITH THE REST OF THE STAFF WITH AND CONTINUED TO WORK WITH. RASH ELTHIS IS SOMETHING THAT WILL BE CUSTOMIZED INTO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. AND WE'LL GET TO THE POINT WHERE WE'RE -- THE PLANT TO COME BACK TO SOME ASSEMBLANCE OR NORMALCY. THAT'S NOT GOING TO ANY IMMEDIATE FUTURE. I THINK IT WOULD BE REMISS IF WE START MAKE DECISIONS TO OPEN UP AREAS WITHOUT A HOLD ON DATA AND UNDERSTANDING WHAT OUR POPULATION IS GOING THROUGH, I THINK WE'RE GUESSING AS BEST AS WE CAN AND NOT REALLY USING THE DATA THAT WE CAN.

SO THAT'S ALL I HAVE WITH REGARDS TO THE PLAN. I KNOW I'VE PROVIDED IT TO YOU AND OTHER STAFF MEMBERS. I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT

THAT, I'M HERE AT ANY POINT. >> COMMISSIONER INGALSBE, DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR

MR. VILLALOBOS? >> IF I UNDERSTAND YOU CORRECT YOU'RE SAYING WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH DATA BECAUSE WE'RE NOT TESTING ENOUGH? IS THAT?

>> ABSOLUTELY. IT HAS TO BE SCALED IN. THERE ARE REASONS REQUEST WE'RE SCALING THEM IN AT THE RIGHT THAT WE'RE TESTING AND THOSE ARE ALL -- THEY ARE ALL MULTIPLE REASONS WHY, AND WHAT MAKES SENSE FOR THE CURRENT -- FOR THE CURRENT OPERATIONAL PLAN FOR US TO DO THAT MAKES SENSE NOW. I THINK THAT AT SOME POINT THAT PLAN WITHIN A PLAN REALLY TO CREATE MORE OPPORTUNITIES FOR TESTING AND OPEN IT WIDE OPEN FOR THE OPPORTUNITY FOR THEM, BUT I THINK A LOT OF TIMES PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHERE THEY CAN AND CAN'T GO.

[00:40:05]

AND YOU KNOW, I KNOW THAT MAYBE SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE TALKING TO WITH THEIR THROUGH THE EPIDEMIOLOGIST AND THROUGH SOME OF OUR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES FOR TESTING, BUT I HAVE SPOKEN TO CITIZENS THAT HAVE BEEN TURNED AWAY. AND BUT THOSE ARE DIFFERENT.

THOSE ARE DIFFERENT TESTING OPPORTUNITIES, TOO. AND WE HAVE -- WE DO HAVE SOME POPULATION THAT'S FAIL TO -- AS IF THEY HAVE MET SOME OF THE CRITERIA BUT WERE TURNED AWAY BASED ON QUESTIONS. THE SCREENING PROCESS IS THERE FOR A REASON.

NUMBER ONE IT DOESN'T STRESS THE SYSTEM. IT DOESN'T STRESS OUR RESOURCES, BUT I THINK WE HAVE TO DO THAT NOW. I THINK WE'RE LOOKING AT AND DISCUSSING AND COLLABORATING WITHIN OURSELVES AND OTHERS HOW WE CAN OPEN UP THAT WITHOUT STRESSING THE ENTIRE SYSTEM. SO IF YOU HAVE TESTING THERE'S PPE.

OBVIOUSLY, THERE ARE DOCTORS AND FACILITIES THAT ARE CONCERNED THAT THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT TO CONDUCT TESTS. SO WE HAVE TO BALANCE EVERYTHING.

THERE'S A REASON WHY THERE'S A SCREENING PROCESS IN PLACE. BUT TO HAVE A OFFICIALLY LESS THAN 1% OF THE POPULATION TESTED OR LESS THAN I WOULD SAY BETTER THAN LESS THAN 1% OF THE POPULATION WITH DATA, THAT WE CAN MAKE A GOOD DECISION ON. I THINK WE NEED TO FIGURE IT OUT. THAT'S WHETHER YOU WANT TO LOOK ATTESTING OR OTHER INFORMATION.

>> WHAT OTHER KIND OF INFORMATION. >> ANY KIND OF MEDICAL ASSISTANCE. I THINK THAT IN LAYING OUT THE PLAN INITIALLY, I THINK THE IMMEDIATE PRESENTATIONS WERE -- WE'RE LOOK AT EAST COAST WEST COASTMENT WE'RE LOOK AT THE PATTERN OF RESPONSE AND WHAT I'VE DONE IS WE HAVE STAYED AHEAD OF THOSE RESPONSES.

SO WHAT DOES THAT LOOK LIKE FOR US? IF WE STAYED AHEAD OF THE RESPONSES OF THOSE OTHER JURISDICTIONS, THEN WE'VE DONE A GOOD JOB.

DO I KNOW WE'VE DONE A GOOD JOB. I KNOW WE HAVE HAD SOME MUNICIPALITIES THAT HAVE TAKEN IMMEDIATE ACTION TO SHUT DOWN THEIR TOWNS BECAUSE OF THE CRITICAL ELEMENTS OF THE POPULATION, RIGHT? SO WHENEVER WE HAVE THE MORE TESTING AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE GET INTO TESTING THAT REALLY LOOKS AT OUR SYMPTOMS AND TESTING THAT REALLY UNDERSTANDS THE POPULATION OF HOW THEY HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY IT, REGARDLESS OF TESTING YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND LATER ON THAT COMES INTO PLAY. WE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND HOW THOSE POPULATIONS HAVE BEEN AFFECTED, WHETHER IT'S AN ANTIBODY TEST OR WHETHER IT'S A MOLECULAR TEST. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND HOW THAT PLAYS INTO OUR WE DO IT FOR HAYS COUNTY. THAT'S GUIDANCE FOR ALL OF YOU BASED ON THE RESEARCH. I'LL CONTINUE TO REFINE THE PLAN THAT I'VE PROVIDED WITH SOME MORE RESEARCH THE I KNOW ON THE BACK END OF THAT PLAN THAT IF I'VE DECIDE ALL MY WORK AND WE'RE PULLING THIS DATA AND A LOT OF THESE DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS ARE ON TOP OF THESE PLANS. MOST OF THEM ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW DO WE -- HOW DO WE GET OUT OF WHERE WE'RE AT AND BUILD CONFIDENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. MOST OF THEM ARE TALK BECOME INCREASED WHETHER IT'S TESTING BECAUSE OF OUR SYMPTOMS OR TESTING BECAUSE WE WANT TO UNDERSTAND AND WE CAN START GET -- THERE IS TESTING OF SCALING BACK BUSINESS IN MY DISCUSSIONS SO FAR JUST TO GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT WHEN THINKING ABOUT POLICIES IN THE BUSINESS WORLD HOW CAN WE PUT TOGETHER A PLAN WHERE WE CAN SAY THESE BUSINESSES ABIDE BAR AND THESE ARE SOME OF THE LEGAL OPTIONS WE CAN GET INTO LIKE FOR INSTANCE HEY, YOU CAN OPEN UP WHAT WE'RE GOING TO REQUEST THAT YOU GUYS TAKE TEMPERATURES TWICE A DAY AND REPORT THOSE THINGS PUFF ANY IDENTIFIED PEOPLE COMING IN THAT HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID.

THOSE ARE ALL DIFFERENT THINGS. THERE IS HIPA THINGS. THERE'S THE LEGALITY OF ENFORCING OR ACTING OR DIRECTING THESE BUSINESS TO DO THAT. THOSE ARE ALL THINGS WE HAVE TO LOOK AT WITH THE COMMUNITY IS HOW DO WE DO THAT? AND HOW DO WE DO IT WITH A GOOD

SUPPORT? >> ARE YOU REACHING OUT TO THE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS HERE IN

[00:45:03]

EAST COUNTY AND THING WITH THEM? >> WE'RE DOING QITS A BIT. -- QUITE A BIT.

I GET ON CONFERENCE CALLS. THE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS THAT HAVE BEEN ON THOSE CALLS JUST SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, GET THEIR IDEAS BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING WORK HERE IN HAYS COUNTY.

I KNOW THAT SOME OF THE SINGLE PRACTITIONERS ARE HURTING AS FAR AS BUSINESSES ARE CONCERNED.

THEY ARE HURTSING, TOO. THEY ARE WILLING TO HAVE A SLIDING SCALE ON TESTING PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE INSURANCE, BUT WE NEED TO PUT TOGETHER A PLAN FOR THEM.

I THINK THEY ALL WANT DIRECTION US FROM ON HOW WE FACILITATE THAT, HOW WE HELP THEM AND IF IT'S NOT HELPING THEM INDIVIDUALLY MAYBE IT'S MORE HELPING THEM MASHGHTING A PLAN THAT THINGS WE CAN DO. THIS IS -- MARKETING A PLAN THAT THINGS WE CAN DO.

IS YOU HAVE TO MAKE A PLAN ACCORDING TO YOUR ORGANIZATION, BUT ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR PEOPLE TO COME IN FOR TESTING? AND THEN YOU HAVE INDIVIDUAL PRACTICES THAT ARE -- OH, THOSE DOCTORS AFRAID THEY WOULD GET INFECTED. HOW DO THEY MANAGE THAT? DOES THAT PRACT ADVICE ENOUGH TO DO -- PRACTICE HAVE ENOUGH TO DO.

THOSE ARE THE THINGS I'M HEARING TALKING THROUGH SOME OF THE MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS.

I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. >> NOT YES. I'M GOING ONE BY ONE.

WE'RE GOING TO KEEP ORDER IN A TINY MATTER. COMMISSIONER JONES

>> I HAVE A COUPLE QUESTIONS. I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS YESTERDAY OR SUNDAY THE WHITE HOUSE'S PRESS CONFERENCE VICE PRESIDENT PENCE SAID EACH STATE WILL GET ENOUGH TESTING TO OPEN UP PHASE

ONE. HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THAT? >> WE'VE HEARD INFORMATION WITH IT BUT WE HAVEN'T HEARD ANY DETAIL ABOUT THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

I KNOW THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH HAS REALLY REACHED OUT FOR THE RURAL AREAS AND START INCREASING TESTING SITES. WE HAVE BEEN TALKING WITH THEM. I KNOW THAT EVEN THOUGH HAYES COUNTY IS CONSIDERED A RURAL COUNTY, WE'RE PROBABLY LOWER BECAUSE OF THOSE COUNTIES THAT DON'T HAVE ANY, SO THEY ARE OPENING UP COUNTY TESTING TO GET SUPPORTED BY DEPARTMENT OFER IS VISIONS -- SERVICES FULLY DEPLOYED. I KNOW THAT THERE'S AN APPROACH TO INCREASE TESTING. I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT TRICKLES DOWN TO US AT THIS POINT.

I KNOW WHEN IT DOES WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE THE GO. THE GOVERNOR I WOULD ASSUME HAVE A PLAN TOO THAT MAKES SENSE FOR TEXAS AND HOW WE WOULD FACILITATE THOSE TESTS.

THIS PLAN STATED WHEN I PROVIDED IT OUT STAGES THREE, FOUR AND FIVE DEFINITELY HAVE TO BE IN LINE WITH THE NATION AND THE STATE AND THEN CUSTOMIZE IT TO WHAT WOULDS FOR HAYS COUNTY.

-- WHAT WOULD HAPPEN FOR HAYS COUNTY. THAT THEY ARE COMING.

>> AND THE QUESTION JUDGE IS THAT I'M STILL GETTING CALLS FROM RETAILERS ASKING IF WE'RE GOING TO MANDATE THE DATE IN HAYS COUNTY IF WE WEAR MASKS IN THE STORES OR NOT HAVE.

YOU LOOKED AT THAT? >> I THINK THAT'S DEFINITELY A CONVERSATION THAT POLICYMAKERS NEED TO HAVE. I KNOW THAT -- I THINK WE HAVE TO RESPOND WITH ABUNDANCE OF AMOUNT OF CAUTION. IN MITIGATING THE SPREAD. I THINK WE HAVE TO OFFER THAT OPPORTUNITY TO OUR POPULATION I DON'T THINK WE CAN TAKE IT AWAY. I THINK IT'S A BALANCE AND MORE OF A POLITICAL DECISION YOU COULD MAKE ON MANY TIMES ON WHETHER WE'RE GOING TO REQUIRE IT AS AN ORDER. AND AGGRESSIVELY DECIDING FOR CITIZENS FOR NOT UTILIZING THOSE MASKS. WE HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION ON WHETHER THAT'S GOING TO BE

APPROPRIATE FOR HAYS COUNTY. >> COMMISSIONER SHELL? >> THANK YOU, JUDGE.

JUST A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS. ONE I THINK YOU JUST HIT ON IT. IN COORDINATION WITH THE STATE POLICIES IN THE FEDERAL, YOU KNOW, AND YOU ME OUR GOVERNOR FOR THE NEAR TERM ON WHEN TO OPEN AND HOW TO OPEN. THAT'S NOT TO MEAN THAT THERE WON'T BE CERTAIN ASPECTS OF OF THAT THAT CAN'T BE TAILORED IN OUR SPECIFIC SITUATION. FOR THE MOST PART, IT AT LEAST NEEDS TO BE A REGIONAL DECISION BECAUSE WE ARE SO CLOSELY RELATED TO METROPOLITAN AREAS.

SOME OF MY QUESTIONS ARE HOW DO WE PLAN ON COORDINATING THAT WITH OUR NEIGHBORS TO MAKE SURE THAT WE FOLLOW ALONG WITH THE STATE GUIDELINES IN UNDERSTANDING THAT THIS TESTING IS GOING TO BE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO THAT. AS WE OPEN I THINK TESTING WILL

[00:50:05]

BECOME IMPORTANT TO AMEND THOSE POLICIES OR AT LEAST PROVIDE INFORMATION SO THAT THEIR STATE OR REGIONAL LEAD CERZ AMEND THOSE POLICIES AND REACT -- LEADERS CAN AMEND THOSE POLICIES AND REACT QUICKLY SO WE DON'T GET INTO SOMETHING WHERE WE CAN'T REACT.

SO HOW CAN WE COORDINATE THAT REGIONALLY AND I UNDERSTAND THAT ALL OF US ARE CONCERNED ABOUT GETTING OUR BUSINESS OPENED AS FAST AS POSSIBLE AND MAKING SURE THEY ARE ABLE TO DO IT AS SAFELY FOR THEMSELVES AND EMPLOYEES IN THE PUBLIC IN GENERAL. IF THERE HAS BEEN ANY DISCUSSIONS REGIONALLY WITH THE STATE ON, THAT I KNOW THE GOVERNOR HIS PRESS CONFERENCE ON FRIDAY THAT SPELLED OUT SOME OF HIS PLANS. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE WAS IN ADDITION WE COULD SHARE WITH THE PUBLIC WITH REGARDS WHAT WE COULD HEAR FROM THE

STATE ON OUR BUSINESSES. >> I KNOW THAT WE HAVE BEEN MEETING AS EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT

COORDINATORS AS A REGIONS A COG AND DISCUSSION BACK AND FORTH. >> THANK YOU.

>> WITH REGARDS TO EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT. AND I KNOW THAT THOSE POLICY DECISION THAT'S THEY HAVE IN OUR METRO AREAS, THEY ARE SHARING THEM WITH US.

YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE METRO AREA WITHIN OUR COUNSEL GOVERNMENT THAT HAS A LOT TO DEPLOY AND TESTING AND CONSERVATIVE MORE. I'M LOOK AT OTHER WAYS IT SATURATE THEIR COMMUNITIES â– WITH TESTINGING AT IT. ITHINK SOME OF THE INFORMATION WE GET HERE.

WE'RE WAITING ON GOOD DATA HERE TOO. ON POLICIES AND WITH WE SEE COMING FORWARD AND THEY ARE LOOK AT THE IDEA OF TESTING AS WELL, AND HOW ARE THEY USING THAT DATA TO MAKE DECISIONS THAT BEST FIT TRAVIS COUNT SOY TO SPEAK OR AUSTIN.

-- COUNTY SO TO SPEAK OR AUSTIN. THAT'S A TREMENDOUS PIECE OF OUR COLLABORATION.

AND A DECISION ON A REGULAR BASIS. WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE STATE AND THE STATE PROVIDES SOME OF THE GUIDANCE COMING DOWN AND OPENING OF BUSINESSES, I THINK THAT THE GOVERNOR HAS BEEN CLEAR IN THAT YES, THERE'S A PLAN BUT WE HAVE TO DRIVE A LARGE PART THAT PLAN FROM THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT BECAUSE ALL OF US DON'T FIT IN THE SAME SHAPE AND SIZE, RIGHT? AND WE HAVE ISSUES THAT SIGNIFICANT FOR US AND AUSTIN. I THINK THE MAIN STAY WOULD BE STALLED OFFICE AND BUT STILL THOSE ARE VERY LOOSE AND I THINK TRYING TO DEFINE OUR POSITION.

>> IN ADDITION, I'LL ADD A BIT MORE ON THE REGULARLY HOSTED MEETINGS MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS AND FRIDAYSS. I'M LOOPING IN ALL THE MAYORS, MAYOR PROTEMS VERY OFTEN AND CITY MANAGE SORES THAT THEY CAN GHAG ON WHAT THEY FEEL IS MOST -- WEIGH IN ON WHAT THEY FEEL IS MOST USEFUL FROM MY OFFICE TO SUPPORT THEIR EFFORTS, FOR EXAMPLE, I WANT TO APPLAUDES MAYOR GLORIA WHITEHEAD. SHE WAS THE FIRST ONE THAT DOVE OUT THERE AND SAID I'M SHUTTING MY CITY DOWN. AND WAS AHEAD OF US, AS A BODY OF ELECTED OFFICIALS.

AND I THINK IT WAS VERY FITTING. I THINK IT WAS VERY RIGHT, AND IT WAS A VERY GOOD CALL BECAUSE IF YOU LOOK THE AT DEMGRAPHICS OF HER POPULATION, SHE DID EXACTLY RIGHT.

AS I'VE SEEN, OF COURSE, THERE ARE POLITICAL HICCUPS. I HAVE A DEEPER APPRECIATION FOR OUR GOVERNMENT AS A WHOLE, BECAUSE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS BREAKING OFF DIRECTION FOR THE STATES FOR FINER GRANULATION OF WHAT THEY SEE IN NEED, AND I'VE SEEN OUR GOVERNOR BREAK OFF ARTICULATIONS THAT ARE, I BELIEVE, INTENDED TO BE BASELINE THRESHOLD, SO THAT WE COULD AS INDIVIDUAL COUNTIES ARTICULATE OUR NEED. SO I'VE FOLLOWED THAT ROAD MAP TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY BY LOOPING IN THE MUNICIPALITIES IN OUR COUNTY TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE THE FLEXIBILITY TO GHAG FOR THE MAXIMUM UTILITY AND THE MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY OF AN ORDER -- WEIGH IN FOR THE MAXIMUM UTILITY AND EFFICIENCY.

THERE ARE ENTIRE COUNTIES THAT HAVE MORE COWS THAN PEOPLE. SO SOME OF THE BLANKET ORDERS

[00:55:04]

STATEWIDE MAY NOT MAKE SENSE TO A SPECIFIC COUNTY. NEVERTHELESS WE AS LOCAL GOVERNORS ARE CHARGED WITH ARTICULATING SOMETHING MOST USEFUL FOR US IN BALANCING THAT EVERY DELICATE LINE OF COVID MANAGEMENT AND LOCAL ECONOMY. SO SO IT'S A RELATIVE THEME.

THANKS FOR THE QUESTION. I'VE BEEN PERSONALLY DELIBERATE WITH MY MESSAGETO BRING RESOURCES TO THE FRONT LINE SO PROFESSIONALS CAN GET WHAT THEY NEED.

VERY EARLY ON IN MARCH I HEARD THAT TESTING WAS GOING TO BE A PART OF IT.

I KNOW THAT AS THIS UNFOLDS FURTHER, AND WHY. SO IT'S ALL PART OF A -- NO ONE HAS BEEN HERE BEFORE, SO IT'S PART OF A COMPLEX MEDLEY OF FACTORS TO WEIGH IN AND I'VE DELIBERATELY WITH THE COUNSEL OF OUR GENERAL COUNCIL MR. KENNEDY, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN.

HE'S BEEN DOING A PHENOMENAL JOB HE'S BEEN VERY ACCESSIBLE AND VERY PRODUCT WIF ME, WITH OUR THE ON THE PHONE -- WITH ME, WITH OUR MOMENTS ON THE PHONE. AND HE HELPED ME TO INTERPRET AT A HIGH LEVEL THE GOVERNOR'S ORDER BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO CREATE CONFUSION, AND THAT'S WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO AND THAT'S WHY WE HAVE EVERY MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY CALL WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS.

ALL THE LOCAL AFFECTED OFFICIALS AS WELL AT THE MUNICIPAL LEVEL SO WE COULD HAVE SYNCHRONICITY TO THE BEST OUR ABILITY. I'VE ALSO ASKED THEM TO BE PATIENT WITH ME BECAUSE I DO HAVE CERTAIN MAYORS ASKING ME TO PUT THAT MASK ORDER IN PLACE THAT YOU HAVE ASKED ABOUT, COMMISSIONER SMITH -- I MEAN JONES. SO THE IDEA IS THAT IT'S ABOUT A FLOW OF INFORMATION AIS NOT KNEE JERK, THAT IS A -- THAT IS NOT KNEE JERK BUT A SLOW PROCESS OF INFORMATION. USED TO BE MOST USEFUL THIS MY OPINION AND THAT'S WHY WITH THE HELP OF MY GENERAL COUNCIL DELIBERATELY DELAYED ANY LOCAL ACTION TRYING TO FERRET OUT THE

MAXIMUM BENEFIT OF THE GOVERNOR'S ORDER FIRST. >> COMMISSINER SHELL JUST TO KIND OF TOUCH ON THAT LAST QUESTION AGAIN. JUST TO I GUESS AN EXAMPLE FROM ME ON HOW TO PROBABLY ADDRESS IT RIGHT NOW THE TESTING AND ALSO THE CONTACT TRACING WE'RE DOING IN TRAVIS COUNTY HAVE ALLOWED THEM TO IDENTIFY THEIR CLUSTERS. WHEN THEY HAVE THE ABILITY AND DATA THEY ARE GETTING IN THEY HAVE TO RESPOND TO THE CLUSTERS AND CREATE PLANS OUT OF THOSE CLUSTERS. YOU TALK ABOUT HOW WE UTILIZE DATA IN COMPARISON TO WHAT'S COMING DOWN IN THE FED AND THE STATE AND WHEN IT LOOKS LIKE FOR US THAT'S PROBABLY AN OPPORTUNITY FOR US -- WE'RE NOT GETTING THAT TYPE OF DATA AS OF YES.

AND, YOU KNOW WE'RE DOING A GREAT JOB. IT REQUIRES A PLAN AND A PLAN WITH VERY LITTLE TESTING. ANS THAT IDEA I WANTED TO TOUCH ON.

>> THE UNDERSTANDING IS WHAT ARE THEY DOING? THAT'S THE QUESTION IS WHAT WOULD WE DO IF WE FOUND THERE WAS AN AREA IN THE COUNTY NOW. KYLE SEEMS TO BE THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF POSITIVE CASES. FOR INSTANCE, SO MAYBE A GOOD QUESTION WOULD BE WHY.

WHY IS IT THERE? IS IT POPULATION DENSITY? IS IT CERTAIN AREAS OF THE CITY

WHERE IT HAPPENED? >> I THINK THAT'S PROBABLY A GOOD QUESTION ON HOW WE BALANCE ALL THE TESTING SITES THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY. IF YOU LOOK AT THE TESTING SITES AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY, KYLE HAS THE MOST TESTING SITES. SO THEY ARE GETTING A LOT MORE DATA WHICH THEREFORE YOU'RE PROBABLE GOING TO HAVE A LOT MORE RATE OF INFECTION RIGHT? YOU HAVE POPULATION, MORE TESTING ABILITY. AND I THINK THERE ARE SOME OTHER ISSUES AS WELL THAT COME IN WITH THAT. BUT I THINK THAT WHEN WE'RE DEPLOYING THE PLAN FOR LOOK AT, OK, WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING ACROSS THE COUNTY THEN I THINK MAYBE IN THE FUTURE WE START LOOKING AT HOW DO WE BALANCE THESE TESTING SITES? HOW DO WE PUT THEM SO WE'RE HITTING IN THE SAME NUMBERS. I DON'T KNOW THAT WE CAN.

THAT IS ONE THING AND WE HAVE HAD DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THAT. WE HAVE HAD DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THAT. AND PEOPLE HAVE ASKED SOME QUESTIONS AND I'VE LEARNED PRETTY QUICK ON HIS RESPONSES. THE CITY OF KYLE DOES HAVE MORE OPPORTUNITY FOR TESTING.

THEY HAVE A LARGE POPULATION, TOO. THEY HAVE MULTIPLE SITES IN

[01:00:02]

COMPARISON TO OTHER MUNICIPALITYIES. >> BUT WHAT IS THE RISK -- THE CHANGE IN RESPONSE BECAUSE OF THAT? I GUESS THAT'S WHAT I'M AT.

IF WE HAVE -- IF WE HAVE IDENTIFIED WHETHER IT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE INDIVIDUALS AND SPREADING MORE AND INCREASED POSITIVE TESTS. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

WHAT DO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT DOS? >> I THINK THE CITY OF KYLE, THE MAYOR TOOK A POSITION OF A LITTLE MORE AGGRESSIVE POSITION EARLIER IN THE PANDEMIC RESPONSE. I THINK THEY ARE STILL WAITING FOR HOW THAT'S GOING TO AFFECT THEM. WRAPPED UP POINTS. A CAMPAIGN FOR HAND SANTIZATION, MASKS, I MEAN, IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON FROM THERE. WE START BACK OFF FROM THAT POINT ONCE WE START FLATTENING OUT, RIGHT? NOW THEY ARE IN THE BALANCE OF OK, HOW DO WE BALANCE OVERALL RESPONSE AND RESTRICTIVE DIRECTIVE RESPONSE WITH THE MENTAL HEALTH OF PEOPLE IN GIVING THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO AT LEAST WALK OUTSIDE.

I THINK THEY ARE TAKE SOMETHING HEAT WITH THAT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU'RE POINTING OUT.

BUT E THINK THAT PEF PROBABLY BEEN ONE OF THE MOST AGGRESSIVE IN THE COUNTY.

IF YOU LOOK AT IT FROM THAT STANDPOINT AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYBODY FOLLOWS THE SAME, WELL THE ONLY THING THAT'S CHANGED, THE ONLY VARIABLE THAT'S CHANGED THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY IS MORE OPPORTUNITY FOR TESTING. SO ON THE CONVERSE SIDE OF WHAT YOU'RE POINTING OUT, IF WE HAD MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE IN THE SAME WAY THAT KYLE DID OUR NUMBERS WOULD PROBABLY INCREASE, AND THEN WE WOULD REALLY UNDERSTAND OK, WHAT WE'RE DOING IS NOT EFFECTIVE.

DO WE HAVE TO CHANGE WHAT WE'RE DOING? I THINK THAT'S A CONVERSATION FOR OUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT AND OUR HEALTH AUTHORITIES AND OFFICIALS TO SAY HEY WHERE DO YOU THINK WE'RE LOOKING? WHERE DO YOU THINK COULD CHANGE THIS BEHAVIOR OR THIS INFECTION

RATE? >> I GUESS THAT LEADS US TO THE QUESTION OF WHAT -- LET'S ASSUME THAT -- LET'S ASSUME THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS OR THE AREA AROUND THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS HAS A PERCENTAGE OF POSITIVE TESTS SIMILAR TO KYLE. LET'S SAY IT'S BECAUSE THERE'S OT ENOUGH TESTING LOCATIONS. WHAT SHOULD WE DO? WHY WOULDN'T WE DO IT ANYWAY IN OTHER WORDS? IF THERE ARE MEASURES THAT COULD BE TAKEN THAT COULD PROTECT THE PUBLIC OR REDUCE THE POTENTIAL SPREAD, WHAT WOULD THOSE MEASURES BE AND WHY WOULDN'T WE

CONSIDER THOSE RIGHT NOW? >> YOU'RE EXACTLY RIGHT. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE GETTING AT AND I THINK WE SHOULD CONSIDER ANYTHING AND ALL OF IT, AS MUCH AS WE CAN UNTIL WE SEE THE NUMBERS START TO FLATTEN OR GO DOWN IN RETURN. THAT'S THE SCARY PART, RIGHT IS, HOW LONG DOES THAT LAST? YOU GUYS ARE TALKING 3W BUSINESS AND COMMERCE.

HOW LONG CAN WE HOLD OFF? I DON'T HAVE THE ANSWER TO THAT. >> I DON'T THINK MUCH LONGER.

>> YOU'RE RIGHT. I DON'T HAVE THE ANSWER TO THAT. IT'S GOING TO BE INTERESTING.

I THINK COMMISSIONER SMITH CAME UP WITH SOME REALLY GOOD POINTS IN HIS -- WHEN HE WAS ASKING QUESTIONS UP HERE. WHEN DO WE GET TO THAT. IT'S GOING TO WAVES.

OR CURVES. THEY LOOK DIFFERENT. EVERYBODY CALLS THEM WAVES.

YEAH, WE'RE WAVES IN COMPARISON TO SOME OF THE METRO AREAS. >> WE'RE POND RIPPLES COMPARED

TO THE OTHERS. >> FOR HAYS COUNTY THOSE ARE CURVES FOR HAYS COUNTY.

>> COMMISSIONER SMITH? >> YEAH, I JUST HAD A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS.

THE -- THE PLAN YOU THAT SENT OUT ON MONDAY NIGHT LATE, I KNOW IT WAS DATED THE 14TH, BUT WE GOT IT MOCHBLET I HAVEN'T AS MUCH TIME TO GO THROUGH IT. I'VE JUST BEEN GOING THROUGH INDIVIDUALLY AND LOOKING AT THE GOVERNOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT ON FRIDAY.

ONE OF THE THINGS THAT I THINK THAT THERE'S A GENERAL ASSUMPTION IN LOOK AT THE DATA THAT HE PUT OUT AND THE FOLKS THAT ARE ON THAT TASK FORCE IN GENERAL LOOKING AT, IT THEY ARE LOOK AT LEAST A TWO-WEEK DROP IN INFECTIONS BEFORE THEY LOOK AT ANYTHING IN A GIVEN AREA.

SO WHEN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT INDIVIDUAL -- ONE OF THE CONCERNS THAT I HAVE IS THAT OVER TIME, AS WE BEGIN TO LOOK AT THIS IS THAT WE HAVE, AS YOU EXPAND YOUR ADDITIONAL TESTING TO THOSE NONTARGET POPULATIONS, ONE THING YOU'LL HAVE IS THAT YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE JUST AS OUR NUMBERS LOOK NOW YOU'RE A WHOLE LOT MORE NEGATIVES THAN POSITIVES WHICH IS A GOOD THING.

THE OTHER QUESTION I HAVE IS WHAT IMPACT DOES THAT HAVE WHENEVER THEY ARE LOOK AT THEIR

[01:05:03]

OVERALL NUMBERS IN TERMS OF PERCENTAGE OF GROWTH. THEY HAVEN'T REALLY BEEN CLEAR ON WHEN THEY SAY WELL YOU HAVE TO HAVE LESS INFECTIONS IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS.

SO THE QUESTION IS IS, THAT A PERCENTAGE? IS THAT A NUMBER OF INFECTIONS? THERE'S NO CLEAR DIRECTION ON THAT. IF WE'RE TESTING A THOUSAND MORE PEOPLE A WEEK WHICH IS I DON'T THINK THERE'S ANY WAY WE CAN DO THAT RIGHT NOW.

SAY A THOUSAND MORE PEOPLE A WEEK AND LO AND BEHOLD AS A PERCENTAGE OUR NUMBERS ARE GOING DOWN. AS A PERCENTAGE OF THOSE GOING TESTED THAT COME BACK POSITIVE BUT OUR OVERALL NUMBERS OF POSITIVE TESTS ARE ACTUALLY INCREASES.

SO THE STATE IS GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE A DETERMINATION OK, YOUR NUMBERS ARE GOING UN.

YOUR PHYSICAL NUMBERS. YOUR PERCENTAGE IS GOING DOWN, BUT YOUR PHYSICAL NUMBERS ARE GOING UP. AND THEY HAVEN'T -- THEY HAVEN'T OUTLINED THAT TO US YET.

SO I HAVE A CONCERN WITH THAT. LOOK AT THE OVERALL PLAN THAT YOU SENT US, I THINK THAT AGAIN THERE ARE GOALS IN, THERE BUT IT'S NOT I WOULD JUST STRESS AS YOU BEGIN TO WORK THROUGH THIS THAT TWO THINGS. YOU ALWAYS START OFF WITH A GOAL IN MIND, BUT YOUR PLAN IS HOW YOU GET THERE. AND THE DOCUMENT THAT YOU SENT US, IT'S REALLY OK HERE'S WHAT OUR GOALS ARE FOR THE DIFFERENT PHASES WHICH HAVE BEEN IDENTIIED BY POLICYMAKERS OR FOR BY THE STATE AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. BUT THERE'S NO PLAN TO GET THERE AND THE PLAN IS THE JOURNEY. I WOULD JUST ASK YOU AS YOU START TO LOOK AT THIS YOU WANT TO GET SOMETHING WITH MORE THE ROAD MAP, LESS OF THE DESTINATION.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? >> I THINK YOU POINTED OUT COMMISSIONERS THAT THE ROAD MAP IS STILL -- IS STILL VERY, VERY FLUID. AND THAT'S EVEN AT THE FEDERAL AND THE STATE LEVEL. SO FOR ME TO DO THAT ROAD MAP OUTSIDE OF GET SOMETHING GOOD CONCRETE DATA FROM THOSE PARTICULAR LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT I THINK WOULD BE REMISS FOR ME TO PUT TOGETHER A PLAN TO SAY HEY, I KNOW BETTER THAN WHAT THOSE PEOPLE ARE DOING AND I THINK WE NEED TO BE CAUTIOUS. I THINK THAT'S ALSO ON PURPOSE IS TO GET SOME GUIDANCE FROM ALL OF YOU AS YOU GUYS ARE RECEIVING DATA, I'M TAKE THE NOW. I'M GOING TO GET MORE DATA AND PLUG IT INTO THAT AREA. THAT'S WITH I'M GOING TO START DOING.

>> AND TO THAT POINT AGAIN, THIS IS THE SITUATION REPORTS THAT COME OUT NIGHTLY ARE GREAT.

BUT I WOULD AGAIN ASK THAT YOU SPLIT US UP INTO TWOS AND SIT DOWN OR AT LEAST TAKE 15, 20 MINUTES TO TALK TO THE MEMBERS OF THE COURT EVERY OTHER DAY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, JUST AS -- BECAUSE THE SITUATION REPORTS GREAT, BUT I'LL JUST USE THE EXAM AS THE ONE LAST NIGHT I HAD OUR NUMBERS THAT WERE IN THE REPORT THAT OUTLINES WHAT OUR TOTAL TESTING, THE NUMBERS ERIC GAVE US TODAY. I KNOW THERE'S A WHOLE LOT MORE GOING ON WITH THAT.

HAVING THAT INTERACTION WOULD BE GREAT. SO EVEN IF IT'S 15 MINUTE PHONE CALL EVERY OTHER DAY WITH A COUPLE OF US TOGETHER TO MAXIMIZE YOUR TIME, THAT WOULD

BE GREAT. THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU, SIR.

>>, MR. VILLALOBOS. I APPRECIATE IT. I'LL GIVE A FEW POINTS ON WHAT I'M STILL DOING. OF COURSE AS YOU HEARD AND AS YOU'VE HEARD A LOT OF TIMES I WILL CONTINUE TO WORK ON SECURING SUPPLIES WITH OUR AWESOME PROCUREMENT INDIVIDUAL MIKE JONES. HE'S DOING A WONDERFUL JOB. HE IS A BONA FIDE ASSET.

I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT MIKE JONES. HE SAYS THINGS LIKE, WHAT DO YOU NEED, JUDGE IN PUT ME TO WORK. THAT STUFF STAYS WITH ME, MAN. THAT'S A GREAT CAN-DO ATTITUDE.

SO I'M CONTINUING TO JUST BE THE SQUIRREL LOOKING FOR LEADS. PEOPLE KNOW THAT I'M LOOKING FOR SUPPLIES FOR OUR COUNTY SO I'M GETTING CONTACTED ON EVERY RAN K PROMISING I FORE THEM ON TO THE FRONT LINE THAT IS CHARGED WITH PROCUREMENT. SO I WANT TO THANK OUR FRONT LINE ON THAT FRONT. I'M ALSO LOOKING INTO I KNOW SOME OF THESE ANSWERS BUT I'M DOING HAD FOR THE VIEWING AUDIENCE. I'M LOOKING INTO PROPERTY TAX

[01:10:03]

RELIEFMENT I HAVE A STRONG BELIEF THAT THIS IS A GOVERNOR'S ORDER.

NEVER THE ELECTION I WANT THE COMMUNITY TO KNOW I'M LOOKING INTO IT.

SOME OF THE CONVERSATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN PUT FORTH ARE MAKE THE PROPERTY VALUES OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR OR SOME DIFFERENT VAR VARIABLES. THERE IS NO ROAD MAP, BUT I AM INTERESTED IN HAVING THOSE CONVERSATIONS AND SEEING WHAT WE CAN DO BECAUSE I KNOW THAT OUR SHOT OF PROPERTY VALUES WERE CREATED WHEN NO COVID WAS IN SIGHT.

PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR SOMETHING, SO WE'RE JUST TRYING TO BALANCE THAT CONVERSATION OUT TWO.

WEEKS AGO I ASKED OUR AUDITORS OFFICE WITH CREATING PROJECTIONS.

BECAUSE AS YOU KNOW VERY WELL THE BUDGET SEASON IS UPON US AND I HAVE ASKED THEM TO HELP ME SHAPE SOME PROJECTIONS AS TO HOW THIS SHUT DOWN ECONOMY IS GOING TO AFFECT US AND WHAT I COULD TELL FOR DIRECTION TO DEPARTMENT HEADS AND ALL ELECTED OFFICIALS AS TO HOW TO WORK THEIR BUDGETS FOR THEIR DIFFERENT OFFICES, FOR THEIR PRECINCTS, THEIR DEPARTMENTS SO THAT WE COULD HAVE CLOSE TO A WORKABLE BUDGET FOR ME PRESENT TO THE COURT AND NOT HAVE SOMEONE FOR A SILLY EXAM, ASKING FOR 30 TAHOES. IT'S JUST A SILLY EXAM. NO ONE IS ASKING FOR IT.

AND I HAVE IN MY MIND THE FARTHER FOREST THAT. -- EXAMPLE.

AND I HAVE IN MY MIND THE FARTHEST FROM. THAT I'LL HAVE A LETTER TO GIVE OUT SO THEY CAN AT LEAST GET A TONE OF WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE BUDGET'S FRONT, SO THAT WE COULD BE MORE IN LINE WITH THE BUDGET PIECE. AS FAR AS THE DEVELOPMENT AND J.R. GONZALEZ. THAT IS CHAMBERS AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ARMS JUSTIN PEACE SPECIFICALLY HAS GENERAL RATE AY NICE LETTER. A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I ASKED THEM TO HELP ME ARTICULATE SOME OF THIS WORK BECAUSE AS YOU ALL KNOW I DON'T HAVE INFINITE BANDWIDTH AND I TAPPED ON THE BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS, WHICH HAVE PROBABLY A LITTLE MORE TIME THAN THEY WOULD LIKE ON THEIR HANDS TO HELP ME ARTICULATE SOME OF THESE STUDIES AND PUT THEM, A WAY THAT IS TOES UNDERSTAND AND USEFUL BECAUSE MY MESSAGE IS THE SAME BUT IF I HAVE SOMEONE ELSE COMMUNICATED THEN I MAY HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF REACHING A DIFFERENT AUDIENCE OR A GREAT ARE AUDIENCE. I CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR WAYS FOR TESTING.

YES OUR POPULATION NEEDS MORE TESTING. TO TOUCH A LITTLE BIT ON THE QUESTION OF HOW THAT'S GOING TO WORK WHEN WE HAVE HIGHER NUMBERS OF COVID POSITIVES WITH TRYINGPE TRYING TO OPEN CAM. IF YOU WANT TO SAY YOU'RE TRYING TO CLOSE.

YOU'RE TRYING TO OPEN. I'M IN THE TRYING TO OPEN CAM. I WILL MAKE THAT VERY CLEAR.

BUT PUBLIC HEALTH IS THE BIGGEST PRIORITY. SO I KNOW THE WAY THE POLICY HAS BEEN WRITTEN AT A STATE LEVEL RIGHT NOW, IT HAS BEEN TRIANGULATED WHERE IT WILL BE A LOCAL DECISION, AND MY HOPE IS TO GET MORE TESTING SO THAT WE CAN HAVE MORE INFORMATION, SO THAT WE CAN KNOW MOVING FORWARD THE PENETRATION OF THE COVID INFECTION IN THE VIRUS IN OUR COMMUNITY, SO WE CAN SAY HEY. A BUNCH OF PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY HAD IT.

WE'RE GOOD, AND WE CAN OPEN THIS LAYNER THE SECOND LAYER AND THE THIRD LAYER SO WE CAN ULTIMATELY HAVE AS SEM BLAFENSE NORMAL CITY AGAIN. I WILL CONTINUE TO PUSH FOR F FDA-SUPPORTED TESTING -- ASSEMBLANCE. I WILL CONTINUE TO PUSH FOR FDA SUPPORTED TESTING THAT IS MEDICALLY GUIDED. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE WHAT ANOTHER COUNTY IS DOING. I DON'T REINVENT THE WHEEL. I WANT TO DUPLICATE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING THAT IS SUCCESSFUL. PROTECTING LIVES WHILE PROTECTING LIVELIHOODS. THAT IS THE DELICATE BALANCING ACT WE'RE ALL SITTING ON HERE.

I'M WORKING WITH CONGRESSMAN DOGGETT AND CONGRESSMAN WILLIAMS. CONGRESSMAN WILLIAMS CALLED MY OFFICE YESTERDAY. I PLAYED A LITTLE PHONE TWAG CONGRESSMAN DOGGETT. I'M WORKING ON EXPANDING THE FREE TESTING I KNOW WE NEED BECAUSE SOMETHING ELSE I WAS ABLE TO ACQUIRE WAS SO QUICKLY WHEN JASON JULIETTI WHEN I ASKED HIM TO GET DEMOGRAPHICS OF OUR COMMUNITY HE IMMEDIATELY IS SPIT THAT OUT EFFORTLESSLY AND I'M

[01:15:06]

ETERNALLY GRATEFUL FOR THOSE WHO ARE HELPING ME. THE TRUTH IS A HUGE, HUGE, HUGE PERCENTAGE OF OUR COMMUNITY ESPECIALLY NOW UNEMPLOYED, UNDEREMPLOYED, UNDERSHURD, UNINSURED AND THEY DON'T HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.

WE HAVE TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO CAPTURE THAT WITH. HELP FROM OUR CONGRESSMEN I THINK WE HAVE A GOOD FRONT ON THAT. SO I WOULD FORWARD HAD ON.

>> I HAD ONE QUESTION WHEN YOU GET DONE. >> OKAY.

I WILL FORWARD THIS LETTER ON THAT JASON JULIETTI AND HIS TEAM PUT TOGETHER THAT I ASKED HIM TO HELP ME WITH INTERPRETING THE MANY, MANY STUDIES THAT ARE GOING ON.

AND I'M NOT GOING TO READ THE WHOLE THING TO YOU ALTHOUGH I THINK IT'S ALL VERY VALUABLE, BUT SOME PEOPLE ASK ME SOME MAYORS HAVE ASKED ASKED ME IN OUR THREE TIMES A QEEK CALLS TO ARTICULATE THE TESTING DIFFERENTIATIONS. -- THREE TIMES A WEEK CALLS TO ARTICULATE THE TESTING DIFFERENTIATIONS. THAT'S SOMETHING I ASKED HIM TO

DO. >> THE GENERAL BREAKOUTS ARE SEROLOGY TESTING AND MOLECULAR TESTING. I'M GOING TO PROVIDE EXCERPTS OF IT AND I'LL MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO THE PUB LICHBLEGHT SEROLOGY TEST -- PUBLIC. SEROLOGY TESTING IS A MAJOR TEST TO SHOW HOW IT COULD IMENT PACT -- IMPACT THE COMMUNITY. SEROLOGIC TESTING IS ON IN THE EFFECTIVE METHOD TO SERVE AS A PRIMARY DOG GNOSTIC TOOL FOR CURRENT INFECTIONS -- DIAGNOSTIC. INSTE IT'S USEFUL FOR UNDERSTAND PAST EXPOSURE TO SARS COVID AND THE BACKGROUND RATE OF DIFFERENT POPULATIONS AND TECHNOLOGIES. THIS DATA IS IMPORTANT TO INFORM THE HEALTH DECISION MAKERS TO BEST APPLY THE BENEFITS OF SE SEROLOGICAL TESTING IT'S IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS. IT'S NOT HOW -- OR WHAT IT IS, SORRY, OR IS NOT, OR HOW IT CAN BE BEST BE USED AS A TOOL TO HELP THE WORLD EMERGE FROM THIS CRISIS. THAT'S WHY YOU'LL REMEMBER THAT THE TESTS ARE NOT SILVER BULLETS. THERE'S NO ONE TEST BETTER THAN ANOTHER AND I'VE ALSO USED -- I'M HAPPY TO SEE IT HERE. I'VE ALSO USED THAT TEST THAT GET ADDED WHETHER THEY BE -- HOWEVER THEY COME ARE TO BE TAKEN AS TOOLS IN A TOOL BOX. SO THAT WAS NICE TO SEE HOW THEY WORDED THAT AS WELL. IT'S BEST SUMMARIZED. HE CITED THE FDA ON THIS REPORT.

SEROLOGICAL TESTS CAN PLAY A CRITICAL ROLE IN THE FIGHT HELP IDENTIFY INDIVIDUAL WHO'S HAVE OVERCOME INFECTION AND IN THE PAST DEVELOPED AN IMMUNE RESPONSE.

THIS WILL POTENTIALLY NOT BE USED TOGETHER WITH OTHER CLINICAL DATA AND SUCH INDIVIDUALS ARE NO LONGER US IS SEPTEMBER TO BE INFECTION AND CAN RETURN TO WORK.

-- SUSCEPTIBLE. IN ADDITION, THESE TESTS CAN RESULT AND AID IN DETERMINING WHO MAY DONATE. I CAN'T READ THIS MORNING. A PART OF THEIR BLOOD CALLED COVALENCE PLASMA TO TREAT THOSE WHO ARE SERIOUSLY ILL FROM COVID-19.

FROM THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH IN A PRESS RELEASE ANTHONY FAUCI STATES THIS STUDY WILL GIVE US A CLEAR PICTURE OF THE TRUE MAGNITUDE OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC IN THE UNITED STATES BY TELLING US HOW MANY PEOPLE IN COMMUNITIES HAVE BEEN INFECTED WITHOUT KNOWING IT BECAUSE THEY HAD A VERY MILD UNDOCUMENTED ILLNESS OR DID NOT ACCESS TESTING WHILE THEY WERE SICK. THIS CRUCIAL DATA WILL HELP US MEASURE THE IMPACT OF OUR PUBLIC HEALTH EFFORTS AND GUIDE OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE MOVING FORWARD.

YOU CAN GO ON ABOUT IT, BUT IT'S SOMETHING I'LL MAKE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE.

IT'S -- IT'S THE EFFORT OF NEVER EVER, EVER TRYING TO DO ANYTHING BUT TO COME FROM A GRATEFUL PLACE, FROM A PLACE OF LOVE AND NOT FEAR TO SAY I AM DOING MY BEST TO GET US WHAT WE NEED, SO THAT WE CAN ALL BE CALM, AS WE CAN. GET BACK TO WORK.

GET BACK TO OUR LIVES. GET BACK TO SCHOOL AND GET BACK TO ALL THE THINGS WE'RE DOING.

SO I THE TO THANK THE GREATER PARTNERSHIP JASON JULIETTI AND HIS TEAM FOR PUTTING THAT

[01:20:03]

TOGETHER. WE WILL CONTINUE ON THESE GENERAL FRONTS.

ANY LAST QUESTIONS FOR BEFORE WE GO ONTO THE NEXT AGENDAITE SNEM. >> YEAH, JUDGE, WE HAVE SEVERAL OUR CHIE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT. YOU HAVE ONE? OK. PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME AND APPROACH THE PODIUM.

>> GOOD EVENING OR GOOD AFTERNOON, JUDGE. MY NAME IS CLAY HUCKABEE.

I'M THE FIRE CHIEF OF HAYS COUNTY SD NUMBER TWO, SD COUNTY NUMBER EIGHT.

I JUST WANT TO COME IN. I SENT AN E-MAIL LAST WEEK TO THE COMMISSIONERS AND THE JUDGE EXPRESSING SOME CONCERNS. LAST WEEK THERE WAS A DECISION TO SPLIT C.

WE HAD A COMBINED EOC IN HAYS COUNTY BETWEEN HAYS COUNTY AND THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS.

THERE WAS SOME FRUSTRATION THAT CAME OUT OF THAT BECAUSE THE CHIEFS AND THE COUNTY THE FRONT LINE FIRST RESPONDERS WERE NOT PART OF THOSE DISCUSSIONS, SO THERE WAS SOME FRUSTRATION AND IT WAS DISCUSSED DURING PHONE CALLS AND WHATNOT. NOW COMING OUT AFTER THE FACT IS INFORMATION THAT IT WAS KIND OF PROCEDURAL THING FOR HAYS COUNTY IN THE AUDIT TEAM AND FINANCIAL PIECE OF IT. SO THE FIRST RESPONDERS ON THE FRONT LINE, WE DIDN'T REALLY SEE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IF ANY AT ALL. WE'RE CONTINUING TO DO WHAT WE NEED TO DO ON THE FRONT LINES TO PROVIDE SERVICES TO THE CITIZENS TO RESPOND TO COVID-19, MAKING SURE WE'RE DOING WHAT WE'RE DOING SO. I THINK THE FRUSTRATION CAME.

KNOWING FROM MYSELF AND OTHER CHIEFS, NOT KNOWING WHAT WAS GOING ON AND THOSE DISCUSSIONS NOT BEING HAD WITH US PRIOR TO THING PLACE. I THINK OF THOSE DECISIONS OR THOSE IDEA WAS HAVE BROUGHT TO US ON THE FRONT SIDE, IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE HAD AS MUCH HEARTBURN. SO I THINK THAT'S WHERE MY FRUSTRATIONS CAME FROM, A LOT OF THE FIRE CHIEFS CAME. FROM REST ASSURED WE'RE DOING WHAT WE CAN FOR THE CITIZENS.

THE FIRE EMS ORGANIZATIONS IN THIS COUNTRY PROVIDING A GREAT SERVICE.

WE'RE OUT THERE ON THE FRONT LINES EVERY DAY RESPONDING TO THESE CALLS, POSSIBLE COVID PATIENTS TRANSPORTING THEM TO THE HOSPITALS. DECONING OUR UNITS AND PUTTING OUR STAFF BACK IN SERVICE TO RESPOND TO THE CITIZENS. SO AGAIN THERE WAS SOME FRUSTRATIONS THAT TOOK PLACE. AGAIN, IF SOME OF THE LEG WORK DECISIONS WOULD HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION INSTEAD OF DURING COMMISSION ARE'S COURT IS WHERE WE FOUND OUT LAST WEEK, THERE WAS A LOT OF FRUSTRATION THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY. FINDING OUT BEHIND THE SCENES LIKE SAID IT WAS FOR AUDITING PURPOSES AFTER THE FACT I THINK IS NOT -- AS FAR AS THE RESPONSE HAYS COUNTY BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW THAT AHEAD OF TIME SO WE DIDN'T HAVE THE HEATED CONVERSATIONS DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE PHONE CALL. THAT'S ABOUT ALL I HAVE.

>> THANK YOU. >> THANK YOU. >> OH, NOT YET.

GOT TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE. ANYBODY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR HIM?

>> I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK JUDGE BECAUSE NOW THAT WE'VE HEARD WHAT THE CONCERN WAS, ARE WE CHANGING SOME OF OUR PRACTICES TO INVOLVE SOME OF THESE DISCUSSIONS AHEAD OF TIME?

I'M NOT SURE. >> THAT'S A QUESTION FOR ME. >> I'M DIRECTING THAT TO ALEX.

WHO IS IT. >> THAT'S TO ME. THAT'S A DIRECT QUESTION TO NEXT I'LL ANSWER THIS QUESTION WHILE YOU'RE STILL THERE. SO TO RECAP, MR. HUCKABEE, WHAT YOU SAID IS IT DIDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON YOUR FRONT LINE LEVEL.

YOU DIDN'T SEE MUCH DIFFERENCE. THE DECISION BECAUSE IT WAS SQUARELY MINE AND I AM GRATEFUL TO OWN IT AND THE DECISION THAT WAS MADE WAS I'LL CALL IT ADMINISTRATIVE.

IT WAS NEVER INTENDED AND YOU'VE JUST CONFIRMED THAT IT NEVER AFFECTED YOU ON THE FRONT LINE.L IT WAS FAIR TO THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS, TO BE WORKING THROUGH ALL THE PAPERWORK AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS NEEDED, FOR EXAMPLE FOR BUTA OR DRIPPING SPRINGS OR FOR WIMBERLEY.

SO I DIDN'T WANT TO PUT THAT ON THEM WHEN WE HAVE A VERYED AWES HEARD ME MAYBE FIVE MINUTES AGO STATE MIKE JONES. WE HAVE A VERY QUALIFIED TEAM CHARGED W TURNING THAT ON AND LEADING THAT PERFECT CUREMENT PIECE. I KNOW THAT IF I ASKED HIM TO COME TO THE PODIUM WOE BOUNCE UP AND TELL MUST THAT WHENEVER YOU -- WHENEVER YOUR FIRE DEPARTMENT

[01:25:01]

NEEDS ANYTHING, HE WILL BE THE FIRST GUY LOAD IT INTO HIS TRUCK AND TAKE TO YOU.

SO THE PAPER TRAIL IS WHAT THIS WAS REALLY INTENDED FOR AND CONSOL DATING SUPPLIES, SO THAT WE COULD HAVE HANDS ON IT, SO THAT WE COULD HAVE A DIRECT DELIVERY METHOD AND PROCESS TO YOU. AND I MADE THAT CONVERSATION PIECE THAT I WAS GOING TO TAKE THAT ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTION ON MY MONDAY CALL WITH ALL CITY MANAGERS AND ELECTED OFFICIALS OF THE DIFFERENT MUNICIPALITIESED I TOLD THEM THAT IT WAS COMING BUT WHAT HAPPENED WAS PEOPLE IN THAT CALL MUST HAVE NOT UNDERSTOOD AND THAT'S FAIR.

AND IN COURT WHEN WE TALKED ABOUT IT A LITTLE BIT MORE AGAIN INFORMATION SHARING BECAUSE WHAT I WANT TO DO IS SHARE AS MUCH AS WIK FOLKS. AND SO I THINK THAT THE INFORMATION YOU GUYS SAW IN COURT WAS A LITTLE AHEAD OF WHAT YOU SAW, OF COURSE, AND A LETTER WAS COMING TO ARTICULATE THE DETAILS, AND IT NEVER DID, AS YOU'VE ALREADY SAID.

IT NEVER AFFECTED YOU. IT WAS NEVER GOING TO AFFECT YOU.

BUT INCLUDING BEFORE I TELL THE ELECTED OFFICIALS WILL ABSOLUTELY BE THE WAY I DO IT NEXT TIME. IF THERE'S ANY CHANGES I WILL TELL YOU GUYS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, BECAUSE I DO THIS TO ALL THE PEOPLE ON THE CALLS. MAKE SURE THAT I'M DOING WHAT IS HELPFUL TO YOU. MAKE SURE YOU GHARS I'M UP TO, AND I'VE HAD THAT CONTINUITY OF COMMUNICATION -- UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M UP TO AND I'VE HAD THAT COULDN'T NUFT COMMUNICATION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. ALTHOUGH WE MAY NOT ALWAYS AGREE U ALWAYS TAKE YOUR CONVERSATION.

MOVING FORWARD THAT WE'VE BUTTONED UP THAT DIALOGUE. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR STARTING WITH -- IT DIDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR YOU GUYS PHYSICALLY WITH YOUR RESPONSE, BUT AGAIN I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I HEARD YOU LOUD AND CLEAR. WHAT DO YOU IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME. I'VE DONE NOTHING BUT BE PROUD AND APPRECIATIVE OF THE FRONT LINE. AND IF SOMETHING I HAVE DONE MADE YOU FEEL MARGINALIZED, I WILL ABSOLUTELY OWN IT. I WILL ABSOLUTELY APOLOGIZE FOR IT, AND I AM CHANGING MY COMMUNICATION COURSE WHERE THE OF ELECTED OFFICIALS WILL NOT BE FIRST NEXT TIME.

YOU WILL BE. SO I HEARD YOU LOUD AND CLEAR AND I WILL FIX IT.

>> I APPRECIATE. THAT AGAIN, IT DIDN'T CHANGE THE RESPONSE ON US.

WHAT WE HEARD WAS THERE WAS A SPLIT -- >> THAT'S NOT ACCURATE.

>> WE WEREN'T GIVEN THE CLARIFICATION. I UNDERSTAND YOU DISCUSSED WITH ELECTED OFFICIALS. THE PROBLEM WITH THAT IS YOU HAVE TEN DIFFERENT DISTRICTS THAT PROVIDE FIRS AND EMS SERVICE THAT ARE ON ANY THE PHONE CALLS.

COMMISSIONERS ARE NOT AWARE OF WHAT'S TAKING PLACE. THE ONLY CITIES THAT HAVE FIRE AND EMS UNDERNEATH THEM ARE THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS. IF THE CITY OF DRIPPING SPRING OR THE CITY OF DRIPPING SPRINGS RECEIVE IN INFORMATION IT'S NOT IMMEDIATELY TURNED AROUND AND TOLD TO THE EMERGENCY SERVICE DISTRICTS. THAT'S ANOTHER GROUP SEPARATE GROUP OF INDIVIDUAL THAT'S NEED BE AWARE OF THAT. I THINK THAT'S WHERE THE FRUSTRATIONS -- IT'S LIKE A DECISION WAS MADE BUT WASN'T TOLD TO THE INDIVIDUAL THAT'S WERE DAILY RESPONDING BECAUSE IN THE PAST WE HAVE RESPONDED AS ONE WHOLE COUNTY WHETHER IT'S BEEN THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS, ALL THE CITIES COME TOGETHER. SO WE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT DIRECTION WE'RE GOING. ALL WE HEARD WAS THAT IT WAS GOING TO A SPLIT IN THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS AND THE UNDERLYING ISSUES OR THE UNDERLYING RESULT OF WHAT THAT RESPONSE WAS GOING TO LOOK LIKE IS NOT PAST GOING TO THE FIRE AND EMS AGENCY SO. I APPRECIATE YOU EXPLAINING THAT

TO US. >> YES, SIR, NO PROBLEM. IT WAS A VERY SHORT LOOP OF INFORMATION ARE MONDAY NIGHT TO WHEN YOU GUYS HEARD IT OFFICIALLY.

IT WAS A VERY SHORT LOOP. NEVERTHELESS I WILL CHANGE THE SEQUENCE SO YOU NEVER HAVE TO DO

THAT AGAIN. >> THANK YOU. >> I GOT A QUESTION FOR CHIEFMENT YOU SAID IT HAVEN'T CHANGED FROM ANYTHING. Y'ALL NEED SOMETHING WHICH EOC

DO YOU GO THROUGH? >> WE CONTINUE TO OPERATE THE WAY WE HAVE BEFORE.

WE USUALLY REACH OUT TO MIKE JONES. WE HAVE THE PHONE CALLS EVERY ON MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY. WE'RE DOING A HAYS COUNTY FIRE CHIEF ON MONDAYS AND THURSDAY.

WE'RE PROBABLY GOING TO CUT IT DOWN TO ONE A WEEK. WE STILL CONTINUE TO REACH OUT TO MIKE JONES DIRECTLY. HE'S DONE A PHENOMENAL JOB AS THE JUDGE ATTESTED TO MAKING SURE WE HAVE SUPPLIES, FACE MASKS, PPE. RIGHT NOW ALL THE MANAGERS IN HAYS COUNTY ASIDE FROM DISINFECTING EQUIPMENT NEEDED WE'RE GREAT ON SPLISMZ THE HE'S

[01:30:05]

DOING A GREAT JOB MAKING SURE -- SUPPLIES FROM FIRST RESPONDERS. >> I'D LIKE FOR MIKE JONES TO APPROACH THE PODIUM SO WE CAN SAY THANK YOU TO HIM AND JUST PRAISE HIM.

>> AGAIN THANK YOU, JUDGE. I'M SURE HE'S TRYING TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE SPLIT EOC.

WAS IT -- >> IT WAS PURELY OUR GOAL TOAR TICK LATE MORE CLEARLY THE MOVEMENT OF INVENTORY AND IT WASN'T AN EOC SPLIT. I THINK THAT'S A DESCRIPTION THAT MIGHT NOT MOST ACCURATELY DEBHACT TOOK PLACE BECAUSE, FOR EXAMPLE, -- DEPICT WHAT TOOK PLACE BECAUSE FOR EXAMPLE, I WAS ON A CALL FROM THE CITY MANAGER FROM THE COUNTY SEAT.

THEY ARE STILL HANDLING OUR -- AS ONE EASY EXAMPLE, OUR CALL CENTER FOR THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. SO IT'S STILL -- IT'S STILL AS IT WAS WHAT WE HAVE DONE IS JUST TEASED OUT THE PROCUREMENT PIECE MORE DELIBERATELY, SO AS WE MOVE FORWARD WE CAN AGAIN, THIS IS THINKING AHEAD. THERE HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEMS AND I TOLD EVERYONE ON OUR CALLS, WE ARE NOT ANYTHING THE CITY HAS DONE. THEY HAVE BEEN WONDERFUL.

BUT WHAT WE'RE DOING IS STAGING FOR FUTURE ROLLOUTS SO COMMISSIONER SMITH.

I PICK COMMISSIONER SMITH BECAUSE YOU'RE THE NORTHWEST CORNER.

SO IF COMMISSIONER SITH ASKING FOR SOMETHING, WE HAVE THE -- SMITH IS ASKING FOR SOMETHING WE HAVE THE FEWEST DELAYS POSSIBLE. AGAIN, MIKE JONES HAS CONTINUED TO DO A GREAT JOB AND HE CONTINUES TO BE WONDERFUL AND THERE'S BEEN NO EFFECTS FROM FRONT LINE.

IT IS JUST AN ADMINISTRATIVE PIECE THAT I THOUGHT WAS USEFUL MOVING FORWARD AS THIS THING UNFOLDS BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE NUMBERS WILL BE LIKE NEXT WEEK.

I DON'T KNOW. BUT LET ME FINISH WITH MR. HUCKABEE, CHIEF HUCKABEE.

DID YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANTED TO ADD? >> NO, SIR.

>> THANK YOU, CHIEF. MARISOL, DID YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING?

THAT MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST DESCRIPTION. >> SO WHAT DID HAPPEN?

>> MR. VILLE HAD ALOBOS WORKS YOU LIKE TO EXPAND FURTHER? >> I PLACED A TIMELINE SEQUENCE SO THE COMMISSIONER MADE AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WAS TOOK AND INTERPRETED AS A SPLIT.

I DIDN'T PUT A MESS OUT TO SPLIT EOC. I THINK THE FIRST MESSAGE ANYBODY GOT AFTER THAT PARTICULAR CALL WAS FROM THE ONE OF THE MCS PUTTING OUT A LETTER, STATING THAT THERE WOULD BE SOME CHANGE IN DIRECTION FOR IAPS WHICH ARE INSTANT ACTION PLANS.

UNBEKNOWNST TO ME IN BEING IN ANOTHER CALL AS A RESULT OF THAT MEETING, THAT'S HOW I FOUND OUT ABOUT IT FROM E-MAIL. BUT IT DIDN'T SAY SPLIT. NO ONE EVER SAID SPLIT.

AS A MATTER OF FACT TO THIS DATE THERE'S NO ARTICULATION ON ANY E-MAIL OR CONVERSATION SPLITTING OUR EOC. BUT I THINK WAS MISCOMMUNICATION ON THE SINGULAR PART AND I'LL SAY THAT IF YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE TOTAL OPERATIONS OF THE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AT ELECTED LEVEL I THINK THERE WERE SOME CONVERSATION THAT'S WERE MISUNDERSTOOD.

[01:35:02]

AND THEY THAT. AND I THINK THERE WAS IS IT STAFF MEMBERS THAT WERE ON THAT CONVERSATION THAT RAN WITH THAT. I DID NOT SEND A MESSAGE TO ANYONE THAT WE WERE SPLITTING.

NOTHING CAME FROM HAYS COUNTY THAT WE WERE SPLITTING AT ANY POINT IN TIME.

THE ONLY POINT WHICH I HADN'T HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE IN FRONT OF, I WROTE A LET ERR AFTERWARDS TO MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT WERE DOING WAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SURE WE ORGANIZE OUR INVENTORY, TORG, GET NUMBERS. WE HAD LARGE AMOUNTS OF CHEMICALS WE WANTED TO LOG. THOSE ARE THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR US TO LOG WHO WE'RE PROVIDING THOSE THINGS TO. ALL THOSE THINGS NEEDED TO BE IN PLACE.

THAT'S WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT WAS A LOGISTICS PLAN TO ORGANIZE OUR MATERIALS COMING IN.

>> NOTHING CAME FROM HAZE COUNTY THAT WE WERE SPLITTING ANY POINT IN TIME.

THE ONLY POINT I HAVEN'T HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE IN FRONT OF. >> I HADN'T SEEN THAT LOOK ON

YOUR FACE FOR A WHILE. LIKE WHAT'S GOING ON? >> JUST TO REITERATE IT'S A WAY FOR US TO ORGANIZE ALL THE MATERIALS. I THINKESS SPECIALLY GETTING DOANATIONS, MAKE SURE WE'RE PROVIDING IT TO THE APPROPRIATE DEPARTMENTS TO MAKE SURE WE'RE GETTING DOLLAR AMOUNTS ON DONATIONS. THAT'S GOING TO BE PART OF OUR 25% MATCH TO THE 75% REIMBURSEMENT. I WANTED TO MAKE SURE WE'RE MAXIMIZING OUR REIMBURSEMENT FOR ALL THE SUPPLIES WE'RE GETTING AND ENSURE WE'RE LOGGING AND TRACKING ALL THE SUPPLIES WE'RE DISSEMINATING THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY.

WHETHER IT BE TO A SCHOOL DISTRICT OR ANYBODY THAT NEEDS IT, I THINK THAT'S IMPORTANT FOR US. AND ALSO TO REALLY TRACK WHAT OUR SUPPLIES ARE SO WE CAN REPLENISH THEM AS WE CONTINUE TO GO. WE NEED TO REPLENISH THE SUPPLIES. THAT WAS A PLAN I WANTED TO PUT IN PLACE FOR US TO ADDRESS.

>> WE HAVE A QUESTION COMMISSIONER. >> TWO THINGS.

I JUST WANTED TO CLARIFY BECAUSE YOU STATED THAT THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING THAT WENT OUT OF THE OFFICE SAYING THAT Y'ALL WOULD BE STAND ALONE OR Y'ALL WOULD DO -- SO I'VE GOT ONE OF THE CONCERNS, THE REASONS I HAVE A CONCERN IS I'M READING A TEXT RIGHT HERE THAT SAYS CHIEFS OUR COVID-19 CASES ARE NOW -- NOW SET AT 103 AND HAYS COUNTY EOC IS NOW STAND ALONE FROM THE ORIGINAL HAYS COUNTY CITY OF SAN MARCOS TO BETTER SERVICE ALL INVOLVED.

MOST OF THE REQUESTS ARE FOR LOGISTICS SO WE HAVE DEVELOPED THIS BRANCH TO ADDRESS THOSE NEEDS. MORE DETAILS WILL COME FROM THE EMC AS WE MOVE FORWARD.

>> THAT'S GOOD. LOGISTICS. THAT'S GOOD.

>> JUST SAYING I THINK YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHY THAT WOULD BE CONFUSED.

>> ABSOLUTELY. >> IT SAYS WE'RE STANDING ALONE. I THINK THAT'S PROBABLY WHERE CONFUSION, THAT A LOT THAT CONFUSION CAME. FROM THE FACT IS I EVEN AND I APPRECIATE CHIEF REYES COMING IN AND CHIEF REYES COMING IN TO MEET ME THIS WEEK AND SIT DOWN AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS. I ASKED THE QUESTION WHEN WE MET WHAT PROMPTED THIS.

THE RESPONSE, WAS THERE A CHANGE MINUTE? ISHLLY I THINK YOU REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS. PERHAPS THERE WAS A CHANGE -- INITIALLY I THINK YOU REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS. PERHAPS WAS THERE A CHANGE? I ASKED MR. REYES IF WE CAN GET SOME CLARIFICATION ON, WAS THERE A CHANGE IN THE WAY THE OPERATIONS SHOULD BE DONE COMPARED TO WHAT'S BEEN DONE IN THE PAST? AND THE ANSWER WAS, HE WOULD CHECK WITH YOU AND FIND OUT BECAUSE THAT WAS HIS UNDERSTANDING AS WELL.

IS THAT THE CONVERS WE HAD? -- CONVERSATION WE HAD? I JUST WANT TO CLARIFY BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY I DON'T KNOW -- I'D LIKE IT KNOW WAS THERE A CHANGE IN DIRECTION FROM THE STATE OR ANYBODY AS TO HOW THESE THINGS SHOULD BE DONE THAT PROMPTED THIS?

>> RAUL REYES EMERGENCYER IS VISIONS -- EMERGENCY SERVICES. COMMISSIONERS, I NEVER SAID

THAT. >> PLEASE CLARIFY BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE I UNDERSTAND

CORRECTLY. >> FIRST LET ME PREFACE BY SAYING AS A CHIEF OFFICER FOR 20 YEARS I HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR FIRE AND EMS, AND HOW THEY RESPOND TO AN EMERGENCY.

THAT PART OF IT CONCERNED ME BECAUSE I WAS BEING TOLD THAT I WAS GOING TO CHANGE THAT.

AND THAT'S NOT THE CASE. HOW THE COUNTY RESPONDS, HOW THE CHIEF OFFICERS RESPOND TO TASK FORCES, AUDIENCE AND COMMAND. THAT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. MINE IS TO COME IN AND TO OFFER RESOURCES OR SUPPORT. AGAIN, A QUESTION WAS ASKED AS TO HOW WE NOW ASK FOR RESOURCES FROM THE COUNTY. AND WE STREAMLINE THE OPERATION. I SAY ABOUT AS CLOSE TO

[01:40:04]

STREAMLINE AS YOU CAN GET. WE HAVE NOW IN THE ASSISTANT THAT ASSISTS AL ESMT WITH LOGISTICS SIDE. -- ALEX WITH THE LOGISTICS SIDE. SO WE ASKED THE COUNTY STAKEHOLDERS IF THEY HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO ASK FOR RESOURCES, TO USE THAT E-MAIL TO CLAUS SO THAT WE CAN LOG AND INVENTORY WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. HE THEN SENDS THAT OVER TO ALEX.

ALEX WILL USE PROCUREMENT OR THE AUDIT OFFICE TO OBTAIN THE -- THE SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS, AND THEN MAKE SURE THAT IT GETS DELIVERED TO THE LOCATION SO THAT WE CAN AGAIN INVENTORY IT, CONTACT MIKE JONES, AND HAVE IT DISTRIBUTED. BITS AS STREAMLINE AS YOU CAN -- IT'S ABOUT AS STREAMLINE AS IT CAN BE DONE. THAT'S THE ONLY THING WE DID.

MY ANSWER TO YOU IS NO, I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THE CHIEFS OR THE EMERGENCY RESPONDERS RESPOND TO AN EMERGENCY. AGAIN, MY POSITION IS WE'RE GOING TO HAVE AN EOC LIKE WE'VE ALWAYS HAD. IT'S A JOINT EOC WHEN IT INVOLVES THE COUNTY. MOST EMERGENCIES THEY LAST TWO, THREE DAYS THE MAX.

THIS ONE BECAUSE IT'S UNUSUAL IS PUTTING IN A LOT OF STRESS ON THE SYSTEM BECAUSE IT JUST CONTINUES. AND SO NO. THE CHIEFS ARE IN CHARGE OF RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES AND HOW THEY SET UP IS HOW THEY SET UP.

AND I'M GOING THERE AS -- AS SOMEBODY TO OFFER SUPPORT AND RESOURCES.

THAT'S ALL I'M DOING. SO THE EOC HAS NOT CHANGED. THE ONLY THING WE DID WAS STREAMLINE THE OPERATION FOR LOGISTICS SIDE. THE ONLY OTHER THING I WANTED TO 2C0 TO REMOVE SOME OF THE PRESSURE FROM ALEX BY PUTTING AN ASSISTANT IN PLACE TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE LOGISTICS ELECTRONICALLY WITH THE STAKEHOLDERS OF RESOURCES.

IF THE CHIEFS GO DIRECTLY TO MIKE JONES THAT'S FINE BECAUSE MIKE JONES PART OF THE TEAM.

SO MIKE JONES WILL TURN THAT INFORMATION OVER TO OUR ASSISTANT SO THAT HE CAN BE LOGGING AND KEEP INVENTORY. TO GET AN EXACT INVENTORY OF WHAT WE HAD SO WE KNEW EXACTLY WHERE WE'RE AT. IT STREAMLINES AND MAXIMIZES OUR ABILITY TO GET REAM BURSD.

IT SATISFIES THE PROCURE THE AND THE AUDITOR. IT SATISFIES STATE REQUIREMENTS.

AND SO BASED ON THE CONVERSATIONS THAT I'VE HAD WITH THE DIRECTOR AND THE COORDINATOR FOR EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT THAT'S KIND OF WHERE WE WENT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE SPLIT CAME. FROM I HAVE NO IDEA THAT IT WAS GOING TO GENERATE THE ONE SIMPLE MOVE OF MAKING IT LOGISTICS BY CHANGING WHO YOU ASK FOR RESOURCES THAT IT WAS GOING TO COST THIS MAJOR ANXIETY WITH ALL THE CHIEF OFFICERS. THAT WAS NEVER MY INTENTION.

THAT WAS NEVER DISCUSSED. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT INFORMATION CAME.

FROM I DON'T KNOW HOW -- IT STIRRED UP ALL THE CHIEF OFFICERS AND THE STAKEHOLDERS.

UNFORTUNATELY, I THINK THAT WE HAVE RESOLVED A LOT OF THOSE ISSUES.

BUT AS FAR AS ME COMING IN AND TELLING THE CHIEF OFFICERS HANDLE THEIR EMERGENCIES, THAT'S INAPPROPRIATE. THEY KNOW WHAT TO DO AND THEY HAVE TASK FORCES AND THEY KNOW HOW TO RESPOND. WE WILL SET UP THE EOC TO BE ABLE TO SUPPORT IT AND DID RESOURCES. WE HAVE SOME OTHER PLANS SO ON HOW WE'RE GOING TO MODIFY SOME OF THE RESOURCES IN THE FUTURE AND I'LL BE BRINGING THAT TO THE COMMISSIONER'S COURT FAIRLY SOON. AS WELL AS ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS I'M TRYING TO DO OR TRYING TO COMMUNICATE. I'LL BRING THAT TO YOU FIRST. MY VISITING YOU IS NOT GOING TO BE THE FIRST TIME. IT'S GOING TO A CONTINUAL ISSUE WITH THAT.

SO WE HAVE GOOD COMMUNICATION. SO I INTEND TO GO TO ALL OF THEM.

ALL THE COMMISSIONERS. BUT MY PLATE HAS BEEN A LITTLE FULL.

SO IT'S -- GIVE ME A LITTLE TIME. I'LL GET THERE.

QUESTIONS? >> LET ME LEAD THIS MEETING, PLEASE.

I'M TRYING MY BEST TO KEEP ORDER IN THIS PROCESS. DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS,

COMMISSIONER? >> NO, MY REQUEST AGAIN, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU ON THE OPERATION OF THE EMERGENCY SERVICE DISTRICTS. THAT WASN'T MY QUESTION.

MY QUESTION WAS YOU AND I HAD TALKED. YOU WERE GOING TO ASK ALEX WHETHER OR NOT THERE WAS ANY DIRECTION FROM THE STATE FROM TETUM THAT CHANGED.

THAT'S WHAT I ASKED. SO MY QUESTION WAS, DID Y'ALL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE THAT CONVERSATION. IF SO, WAS THERE ANY DIFFERENT DIRECTION FROM THE STATE.

[01:45:01]

>> NO, SIR. >> OK. THAT WAS MY QUESTION.

A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION. >> ANY MORE QUESTIONS MR. SHELL? >> COMMUNICATION AT THESE TIMES IS DIFFICULT. THIS HAS BEEN AN EXAMPLE OF THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNICATION AND, YOU KNOW, I THINK THAT EVEN THE E-MAIL WE RECEIVED REGARDING THIS ISSUE WOULD LEAD ME TO BELIEVE BECAUSE THEY WERE EOC DIVIDED IS IN THERED THE STATEMENT OF ANY EMERGENCY IN THE FUTURE WILL REVERT TO THE JOINT EOC OPERATION THAT WOULD EASILY MAKE YOU BELIEVE THAT NOITS LONGER A JOINT EOC -- THAT IT'S NO LONGER A JOINT EOC OPERATION.

>> JUST SO YOU UNDERSTAND, SIR THE EOC HAS COUNTY EMPLOYEES THAT ARE PART OF IT IT HAS CITY OF SAN MORE COSE PEOPLE THAT ARE PART OF IT. NONE OF THAT HAS CHANGED.

-- SAN MARCOS. ALEX IS STILL PART OF MANAGEMENT SIDE OF THAT THE EO C.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED. >> MY POINT IS THAT IT IS IN WRITING THAT IT IS CHANGED OR HAS CHANGED. IF THAT'S THE CASE I WOULDN'T PUT IT IN WRITING ANYTHING HAS

CHANGED. >> I THINK THAT EFFORT WAS TO DESCRIBE THE LOGISTICAL

PROCESSING. ANY OTHER CHIEF? >> ALSO I WANT TO THANK HIM FOR CLEARING THAT BECAUSE I WAS UNDER THE IMFLAETION AFTER YOU CONSULTED WITH PURCHASING AND THAT -- IMPRESSION THAT AFTER YOU CONSULTED WITH PURCHASING. THE OTHER THING CHIEF, I THINK WHY YOU'VE SEEN SO MUCH PUSHBACK FROM THE CHIEFS. AS FAR AS I KNOW AND I'VE BEEN TALKING WITH LONG

[2. Adopt a proclamation declaring April 25th - May 2nd, 2020 as National Infant Immunization Week in Hays County. INGALSBE/T.CRUMLEY (Part 1 of 2)]

[3. Adopt a proclamation declaring April 26th - May 3rd, 2020 as Soil & Water Stewardship Week in Hays County. BECERRA]

>> PLEASE OPEN AGENDA ITEM TWO. DO WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND?

PLEASE CALL THE ROLL. >> COMMISSIONER INGALSBE. >> YES.

[4. Update on Census activity in Hays County by Census Coordinator Jessica Mejia. BECERRA]

>> COMMISSIONER SHELL? >> YES. COMMISSIONER JONES?

>> YES. >> COMMISSIONER SMITH? JUDGE BECERRA?

>> YES. >> OPEN THREE. >> NUMBER THREE ADOPTED

PROCLAMATION DECLARING APRIL 26TH THROUGH MAY 3RD, 2020. >> SO MOVED.

>> SO MOVED. >> DO WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND?

PLEASE CALL THE ROLL. >> COMMISSIONERS? COMMISSIONER SMITH.

>> YES. >> COMMISSIONER SHELL. >> YES.

>> COMMISSIONER INGALSBE? >> YES. >> COMMISSIONER JONES?

>> YES. >> JUDGE BECERRA. >> YES.

PLEASE OPEN AGENDA ITEM NUMBER FOUR. >> NUMBER FOUR, UPDATE ONS ACTIVITY IN HAZE COUNTY BY CENSUS COORDINATOR JESSICA MEJILLA.

>> ALTHOUGH WE DON'T HAVE JESSICA HERE WE HAVE OUR BEDROCK BACKUP ANITA COLLINS FROM OUR

OFFICE. >> YES ANITA COLLINS OFFICE OF THE HAYS COUNTY JUDGE.

SO THERE WAS MY TASK TIME LINE THAT I BELIEVE JESSICA E-MAILED TO EVERYBODY AND I THINK EVERYBODY HAS ALREADY SEEN THAT. AND THEY WERE ALL THE ACTIVITIES THAT TOOK PLACE THROUGH MARCH 14TH. SO ON MARCH 14TH IT WAS THE DAY OF THE COUNTY WIDE ART CONTEST AND IT WAS ALSO THE DAY THAT OUR ORDER STARTED TO COME DOWN AND THE LIBRARY CLOSED AT THE LAST MINUTE SO THE CONTEST WAS NOT ABLE TO BE HELD SO WE HAD TO THE SHIFTING OUR PLANS AND OUR QLOULT REACH AND WE WENT -- SHE TOOK THAT ONLINE. SO IT JUST CLOSED.

[01:50:11]

SHE POSTED THE TOP TEN ONLINE AND I THINK PEOPLE ARE GOING TO VOTE ON THE THEIR FAVORITES.

I'M NOT SURE HOW SHE'S RUNNING THAT, BUT THAT'S WHAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW.

AND WHEN THE CONTEST WAS GIVEN OUT OR PASSED OUT, INFORMATION ON THE CENSUS WAS ALSO GIVEN TO THE PARENTS OF THE CHILDREN WHO WERE DOING THE ART. YES.

>> THE ONLINE, THE TEN THAT SHE POSTED, WHERE ONLINE? HOW CAN WE LOOK AT THAT?

>> I DON'T KNOW. I JUST SAW IT LAST NIGHT. SHE HAD POSTED THE TEN ON --

>> I THINK IT'S AN EVENT PAGE ACTUALLY. >> I THINK FOR HAZE THEY?

-- HAYS COUNTY? IS IT AN EVENT PAGE? >> PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE A

CAMERA WILL YOU COMMENT. >> YEAH, THAT WAS LOREEN CHERNO. >> CAN YOU SPEAK THAT INTO THE

MICROPHONE? >> YEAH IT'S THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS PAGE.

IT WAS A COUNTYWIDE CONTEST. SAN MARCOS LIBRARY HOSTED IT. >> THANK YOU.

OK. SO THEN THE WINERS ARE BE ANNOUNCED IN MAY I BELIEVE.

SHE'S ALSO GETTING QUOTES ON PRINTING STORYBOOKS IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH TO DISTRIBUTE WITH THE LUNCHES THAT ROCK GIVEN OUT RIGHT NOW THE AT DIFFERENT SCHOOL DISTRICTS AND SCHOOLS.

IT'S A REALLY COOL LITTLE BOOK. IT EXPLAINS WHY IT'S IMPORTANT TO BE COUNTED AND SOMETHING THE PARENTS WILL BE ENGAGED WITH THE CHILDREN AND PARTICIPATE IN THE CENSUS.

SHE'S ALSO WORKING WITH INDIGENOUS CULTURAL INSTITUTE TO KICK OFF A WRITING CONTEST WITH THE CENSUS. I'M NOT SURE WHERE THAT IS RIGHT NOW.

BUT THAT'S SOMETHING THAT SHE'S WORKING ON AS WELL. IN YOUR PACKETS WE HAND OUT, WE HAVE THESE LITTLE BRACELETS NOW FOR HAYS COUNTY. AND IT'S JUST THE OPERATIONAL ADJUSTMENTS DUE TO COVID-19 UNTIL ALL OF THE DEADLINES HAVE BEEN MOVED THE SELF RESPONSE DATE HAS MOVED TO OCTOBER 31ST. SO WE HAVE A LITTLE MORE TIME NOW TO REACH ALL OF OUR COUNTY TO MAKE SURE THEY PARTICIPATE IN THE CENSUS. WHAT ELSE? LET'S SEE. ALSO IN THERE IS THE HAYS COUNTY RESPONSE RATES.

THIS LITTLE CHART HERE SHOWS WHAT THIS RESPONSE RATE HAS BEEN FOR EVERY ONE OF THE CITIES IN SAN MARCOS AND THESE ARE NUMBERS AS OF LAST WEEK. SO LOEEN WILL BE PUTTING A PRESS RELEASE OUT THAT WILL GIVE THE NEW NUMBER, BUT MOUNTAIN CITY IS NUMBER ONE AT ABOUT 74%.

THEY HAVE A 74% RESPONSE RATE. SO 74% OF THE HOUSEHOLDS IN MOUNTAIN CITY HAVE RESPONDED.

THE SECOND BEST IS VILLAGE OF BEAR CREEK, WHICH IS 3.4%. AND NUMBER THREE IS THE CITY OF HAYS. IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THAT IS BUTA AND KYLE.

SAN MARCOS HAS THE LOWEST RESPONSE RATE BUT WE KNEW THAT. >> THE NORTH IS BEATING THE

SOUTH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD? COME ON. >> SO WE'RE GOING TO BE POSTING THESE NUMBERS ONCE A WEEK ON SOCIAL MEDIA JUST TO TRY TO ENCOURAGE YOUR CITIES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CENSUS. LET ME SEE WHAT ELSE. I THINK THAT'S ALL WE HAVE.

WE WERE GRANTED AN ADDITIONAL $5700 TO USE TO THE CENSUS OUTREACH IF THE UNITED WAY.

AND WE PLAN ON PRODUCTION FOUR PSAS WITH THAT THAT WILL BE SHARED WITH ALL OF THE CITIES

AND THE COUNTY TO PROMOTE THE CENSUS. >> ANY QUESTIONS INGALSBE?

>> I THINK I'M GOOD. >> THANK YOU FOR DELIVERING THAT.

IT'S HARD TO DO THIS WORK. GLAD WE GOT SOME MORE TIME ON THE SCHEDULE.

[01:55:02]

HARD TO GET BACK TO IT. WE KNOW IT'S IMPORTANT. >> ESPECIALLY THIS WILL BRING

MORE RESOURCES TO OUR REGION. >> I AGREEMENT ONE THING ON ADDITIONAL GRANT FUNDS DO WE

NEED 20 ACCEPT THOSE? >> YES. THE OTHER QUESTION I HAVE IS THIS IS THE REPORT WE RECEIVED BACK ON MARCH 15TH. I KNOW WE ASKED FOR A COUPLE OF RORLTS AND UPDATES. WE REACHED OUT TO SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE AND HELP NULL OUR COMMUNITY. WE'RE GOING ON TWO MONTHS NOW AND I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM

HERB. >> SHE SENT AN E-MAIL OUT TO EVERY ONE OF THE COMMISSIONERS

AND ASSISTANCE. >> I HAVE AN UPDATE HERE AND I WOULD LOVE IT HEAR FROM HER.

>> YES. SHE SENT AN E-MAIL OUT TO EACH ONE OF THE COMMISSIONERS AND THEIR ASSISTANCE ASKING THEM TO CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO REACH WITH EACH ONE OF YOU YOUR

OFFICE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DID RESPOND. >> IF YOU CAN CONVEY THAT.

>> I WILL. >> IN LOOK BE AT WE'RE AT IF WE'RE GOING A FULL-ON SOCIAL MEDIA DRIVE AND I DON'T WANT TO SAY INTERNET ONLY BUT A MORE TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN WAY TO DO THIS WHICH IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO. THEN I DON'T KNOW HER SKILLSET.

SHE MIGHT BE THE GREAT OF SOCIAL MEDIA PERSON OR BACKGROUND PERSON IN THE WORLD.

BUT WITH WE HAVE ADDITIONAL GRANT MONEY AND WE'VE ALREADY DEDICATED TOWARDS I WILL FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE THAN TRYING TO GET SOMEBODY WHO DOES THIS PROFESSIONALLY AND HAVING SAY LOOK THIS IS WHAT OUR NEED IT. GIVES A FULL RANGE OF WHAT IS POSSIBLE TO DO OUTREACH IN OUR COMMUNITY BECAUSE I CAN TELL YOU THAT JUST LOOK AT EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES ON HERE I'M MORE THAN CONCERNED WITH THE OUTREACH IN PRECINCT FOUR. AND I CAN SAY THAT WE MAY HAVE

HAD WE'RE STILL BELOW 50% IN MY PRECINCT. >> THE EXECUTIVE SESSION CAN

HELP WITH THAT A LITTLE BIT. >> WE'LL TALK ABOUT THEM. THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE.

>> THANK YOU. IF YOU WILL PLEASE SHARE BECAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE THE MESSENGER ON THIS ONE. IF YOU WILL PLEASE SHARE ON THIS ONEESS SPECIAL L WHEN OUR

[2. Adopt a proclamation declaring April 25th - May 2nd, 2020 as National Infant Immunization Week in Hays County. INGALSBE/T.CRUMLEY (Part 2 of 2)]

E-MAILS ROCK BOMBARD EXCEPTIONALLY WITH. ASK HER TO PLEASE SEND MORE FREQUENT E-MAILS. IF THEY DON'T RESPOND SEND ANOTHER ONE.

THAT WAY EVERYONE MAKES GETS THE OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE WHEREVER THE BALL HAS DROPPED.

KEEP PUSHING. THANK YOU SO MUCH WE HAVE PEOPLE FROM THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT.

>> DID YOUS -- >> NO. THANK YOU, MS. COLLINS.

I THINK WE'RE DONE WITH THAT PIECE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

SO ERIC, DID YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING ON AGENDA ITEM TWO? >> SORRY, JUDGE.

>> NO, IT'S OKAY. >> GOOD MORNING AGAIN. DESPITE Y'ALL HER ME TALK ABOUT COVID-19 ARE NOW I'M GLAD WE CAN GET THIS ADDED TO THE AGENDA SO I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR LETTING US GET IN THANKS TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF MEDICINE THERE ARE 14 DISEASE THAT'S CAN BE PREVENTED WITH VACCINES BEFORE A CHILD IS THE AGE OF TWO. NATIONAL OBSERVANCE WOKE HIGHLIGHTS THE IMPORTANCE OF PROTECTING INFANTS ARE VACCINE PREVENTABLE DISEASE AND CELEBRATE THE ACHIEVEMENT THAT'S HELP HEALTHY THEIES IN THE UNITED STATES.

WHEN THIS BEGAN IN THE EARLY 90'S IMMUNIZATION PROGRAMS WERE AFFECTING CHALLENGES.

THE NATION WAS IN THE MIDST OF SERIOUS MEASLES OUTBREAK AND COMMUNITIES ACROSS THE UNITED STATES WERE SEEING DECREASE IMMUNIZATION RATES AMONGST ALL CHILDREN THOSE THAT DON'T LEARN FROM HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT. AS A RESULT VACCINATION RATES ARE BEGINNING TO DIP AGAIN IN OUTBREAKS OF POTENTIALLY DEADLY DISEASES OTHER THAN COVID-19 ARE ON THE RISE THROUGHOUT OUR NATION BUT JUST NOT BEING REPORTED ON THE AT MOMENT.

THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. HOPEFULLY OUR CURRENT SITUATION HAS OPENED EYES AND HOPE FRIDAY

[02:00:04]

MORE PEOPLE WHO ARE VULNERABLE TO A DISEASE QLOUT BREAKS CAN OCCUR RAPIDLY.

SO THE HAYS COUNTY WANTS TO USE THIS WEEK TO VACCINATE THEIR CHILDREN ON TIME AND TO COMPLETE ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS -- RECOMMENDED SERIES OFSS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EFFICACY OR SAFETY OF A VACCINE, PLEASE SPEAK WITH ANYONE FROM OUR DEPARTMENT WITH A LICENSED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL OR CONDUCT YOUR OWN RESEARCH, BUT LOOK AT SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION YOU ARE READING, PLEASE. WE ASK THAT YOU DO YOUR PART TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY, YOURSELF AND OUR COMMUNITY. THANK YOU.

>> THANK YOU ERIC. I APPRECIATE. THAT I KNOW WE ALL.

DO -- I APPRECIATE THAT. I KNOW WE ALL DO. >> JUDGE, I WANTED TO RECOGNIZE OTHER THAN ERIC SNIDER WHO IS HERE AND I REALLY APPRECIATE ERIC YOUR LEADERSHIP IN EVERYTHING WE DO. WE DO HAVE MARGIE RODRIGUEZ THE MANAGER OVER AT OUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT. AMELIA FLOOR EASY OUR IMMUNIZATION SPECIALIST.

JOSIE GONZALEZ -- FLOREZ. JOSIE GONZALEZ SPECIALIST. ESCERA DE LEONE.

SHE'S NOT PRESENT. OK. AND THEN IMA HARRIS ANOTHER EPIDEMIOLOGIST AND SYLVIA RODRIGUEZ INDIVIDUAL HEALTH CARE SCREENER.

OK. WE REALLY JUST APPRECIATE ALL OF THEM JUDGE AND EVERYTHING THEY

DO. I WANTED TO RECOGNIZE THEM. >> ABSOLUTELY.

LOSH RAIN IS, THERE AN EFFICIENT CREATIVE WAY -- LORRAINE -- IS THERE AN EFFICIENT CREATIVE WAY

[29. Discussion and possible action to authorize the execution of a grant contract amendment with United Way for Greater Austin (United Way ATX) in amount of $7,500.00 for support of 2020 Census outreach work and amend the budget accordingly. BECERRA/T.CRUMLEY]

WE CAN DO THIS? I DON'T THINK SO. IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA.

I'M TOTALLY FULL. WE ARE AS A COURT TOTALLY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR EFFORT, YOUR SUPPORT AND TRUE DEDICATION TO SOMETHING THAT HAS FALLEN ON US AS A NATION AND HIT YOU SQUARELY ON YOUR DEPARTMENT'S HEAD. SO WE ARE JUST ETERNALLY GRATEFUL BUT WE CAN'T TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOU. WE HAVE YOUR PROCLAMATION. WE CAN'T CALL YOU UP FOR A PICTURE. WHEN THIS IS ALL OVER WE WILL REVISIT THIS.

SO WE ARE VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU AND EVERY COMMISSIONER HERE IS EQUALLY GRATEFUL I'M SURE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

>> THANK YOU ALL. >> WILL YOU PLEASE OPEN AGENDA ITEM NUMBER 29?

[Executive Session]

THANK YOU. >> 29 DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION TO AUTHORIZE THE EXECUTION OF A GRANT CONTRACT AMENDMENT WITH UNITED WAY FOR GREATER AUSTIN IN THE AMOUNT OF $7500 FOR SUPPORT OF THE 2020 CENSUS OUTREACH WORK AND AMEND THE BUDGET ACCORDINGLY.

>> SECOND. >> MOTION AND A SECOND. ANY QUESTIONS?

PLEASE CALL THE ROLL. >> COMMISSIONER SHELL. >> YES.

>> COMMISSIONER JONES. >> YES. >> COMMISSIONER SMITH.

>> YES. >> COMMISSIONER INGALSBE. >> YES.

>> JUDGE BECERRA. >> YES. AND TO KEEP OUR FRONT LINE

MOVING, WILL YOU PLEASE OPEN AGENDA ITEMS 32 THROUGH 35. >> 32.

EXECUTIVE SESSION PURSUANT TO SECTION 551.001 AND

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.